Cheap tint for practice

white4d96

Has anyone here ever bought the cheap $10 autozone tint just to practice tinting? I wanted to just get a feel for it before risking damaging $150 worth of film, but I don't know if the materials are worked in the same way or anything like that. What do you guys suggest?

If it works out well, this tint may stay for a little bit until it starts to purple and/or I get money to get real film. So of the 'cheap shit' does anyone have a recommendation for more longevity? Like I said, it won't be on more than a couple years probably.

DISCLAIMER EDIT: all prices are dramatizations; I would likely use one of the "better" grades of tint available at a big-box retailer (I know, like saying a better grade of dog s**t)

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

• 4 weeks later...

just for practice? go for it man. theres no harm done if your doin it for practice. the cheap stuff is applied very similar to the pro stuff anyway. just a difference in quality of materials really. Id say the most challenging is the back window. Ive never attempted this myself.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 4 weeks later...

yea dude i would say go for it i bought like 4 rolls of autozone tint and practiced myself i took all the glass out and its very easy to apply, and then when i was satisfied with my work i went and bought some ballin ass tint lol