Why don't stores match their own websites prices?

Am I getting old here? I sure feel like a grumpy old man when I go onto Wal-Mart.com and see a wireless Xbox controller for $32 and that its in stock at my store (no need to order more right?) and its $50 when I arrive there.

Why is that? I'm told at the counter that I could have ordered it online to be shipped to that store for $32. I told them it was in stock when I checked so why would i need it shipped? They say its because I get it now its more expensive than getting it later?

Same with Gamestop, although they have a better reason. Games are cheaper online to help offset shipping prices. Ok, whatever.

Has Harbor Freight spoiled me here? What-the-McFuck?!!!

images-1.jpg

you havent learned how to work walmart then. show your ass like a fat ass women does when she's there and you will get it for the price you were shown on the net. thats just how they work, if they can dick you around a while they will if you go in with a pissy tone they will do what is needed to get you out of the store, and if that fails ask to speak to the manager and their boss one of them will make you happy

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Am I getting old here? I sure feel like a grumpy old man when I go onto Wal-Mart.com and see a wireless Xbox controller for $32 and that its in stock at my store (no need to order more right?) and its $50 when I arrive there.

Why is that? I'm told at the counter that I could have ordered it online to be shipped to that store for $32. I told them it was in stock when I checked so why would i need it shipped? They say its because I get it now its more expensive than getting it later?

Same with Gamestop, although they have a better reason. Games are cheaper online to help offset shipping prices. Ok, whatever.

Has Harbor Freight spoiled me here? What-the-McFuck?!!!

Print it off of the website and take it to BestBuy they do it for me every time.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

They'll match it, you just have to let them know you want them to match it and u prob need to bring a printout of the cost online (despite the fact its obvious they know the price online)...The workers there dont give a shit about the corporation, they just dont want a hassle with a customer so they'll get it done.

I did the same thing with best buy one time, I had to ask them if they price matched, they said yes and i brought a printout and they matched it.

Usually if its "in stock" at your store online then u can just order it there and pick it up 5 mins later.

Edited by kfx450r

I worked at walmart as a asst manager and they are suppose to match the on-line prices.

I believe you as the customer has to prove it tho especially since not every department has access to a computer besides I dont believe that the computers will let you outside of the walmart network to check on a compedators price

hey i work at wally world.

just print it out, they have to honor there own price. Its kinda like if somethin is 5 bucks on the shelf but at the register it rings up 7.50, just tell them its marked 5 and they'll adjust the price. if you get a dumb cashier, just ask for a manager, they always see things your way.

I work for Wal-Mart Distribution and the way I understand it, different stores have different prices.

Guess that doesn't really help much with the internet thing, though. :sorry:

Dan