Second Skin Audio

reasonable box price?

$600 + is what I would charge for a fiberglass creation

600+ i would expect for fiberglass. that stuffs not cheap and not that I have any experience working with it, it seems alot harder to work with. what we discussed today was just an mdf 3/4 inch he was going to make a design sometime next week with whatever can fit 3 or 4 of my subs. I just said make it fit (within my restraints which i showed him in person today) and use 3 or 4 as long as it will be louder than how I have them now.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

600+ i would expect for fiberglass. that stuffs not cheap and not that I have any experience working with it, it seems alot harder to work with. what we discussed today was just an mdf 3/4 inch he was going to make a design sometime next week with whatever can fit 3 or 4 of my subs. I just said make it fit (within my restraints which i showed him in person today) and use 3 or 4 as long as it will be louder than how I have them now.

Just using the space on top of the seat in the middle and on the floor in the middle I can get 4 cubes. I have a 2nd grader paint sketch of it but I dont know how to post it in a thread. But that excludes the space under the rear seat, so if I can use that design and add a little part of the box under the seat I should be able to get at least 5 cubes maybe even 6. anyone know how to put a paint document into a thread so i can show you what Im thinking about?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I dont think I would pay more than 250$ maybe 300$ for a custum box. I think he is just trying to get over on you. If you lived a lil closer I would help, but dont have much free time. :sorry: Fitchburg is like 2 hours away I think atleast 90 mins coming from springfield.

Although maybe someday, when I am out that way it would be cool to check out your system, you could check mine out too.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

I dont think I would pay more than 250$ maybe 300$ for a custum box. I think he is just trying to get over on you. If you lived a lil closer I would help, but dont have much free time. :sorry: Fitchburg is like 2 hours away I think atleast 90 mins coming from springfield.

Although maybe someday, when I am out that way it would be cool to check out your system, you could check mine out too.

yea its about an hour and a half. I mean if you are experienced and really know what your doing tuning ports and stuff like that I would absolutly make it worth you time I dont expect anything for free. Just 800 for an enclosure for a setup that cost around 800 seems to high for me

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I can build you a really nice looking box with paint or vinyl covering.

And I can make it one of the loudest boxes possible.

And I would charge $250-$400

Id take this offer if i were you

Thats my other problem. I am being really picky. I didn't buy an extended cab just for system space. I want to be able to seat 2 people in the back. I know im not helping my own cause by being this picky but I like the option of being able to bring more than 1 person places. If I took out the backseat all I would need is a big rectangle box, and that i could make myself.

You need an SUV

Problem Solved

Roseville, CA

Id take this offer if i were you

You need an SUV

Problem Solved

haha if it were only that easy, I need a truck because I work out of it. But I pmed that dude sayin 250-400 i said if you can make that happen lets do it but he lives near philadelphia i guess so i dont know how that would work.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

building a box yourself will cost you no more then $50, and that guy wants $800 for it?

dude, do it your self

I dont know how to tune boxes and I kinda of wanted to try ported but I have no idea how to calculate ports on an oddly shaped box like the one I will need

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

yea its about an hour and a half. I mean if you are experienced and really know what your doing tuning ports and stuff like that I would absolutly make it worth you time I dont expect anything for free. Just 800 for an enclosure for a setup that cost around 800 seems to high for me

I have made a couple of boxes in my day. We would use a calculator for tunning. As I was saying I work 2 jobs and go to school. I couldn't make time if I tried, belive me, have a hard time getting my homework done. lol although ccna and cnet are not easy things to read about. lol Plus I wouldn't charge but gas and beer! :D Just the kinda guy I am.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"