Need Help,

Alright,

Well it seemed to have dawned on me that iu have no idea what to do about my mids and highs...

i noe enough about subs and what not, the lower end, but when it comes to mids and highs for my truck i am lost...

my stock speaks are 5 1/2 in the front and out back are 4''.... this isnt much for my truck.... i have a spot that would fit a tweeter up front perfect also...

im just wondering if i should just replace my stock speaks with something good, ... or go out on a limb and customize my panels to fit 6'' mid bas then tweeters on top....

any help woul dbe appreciated!!!

what kind of truck is it?

anytime you get into modifying for upgraded sound it is always better than using stock. Stock speakers, I dont care what they are to include the ones that came in my benz, are shit. they just cant take the "pressure" that we want them to. If you really want to improve the sound I waould make some kicks or hell if ur nt good with glass by some Q-forms kicks they make em now to fit 6.5's. Just my 2 cents.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

If you aren't real concerned with SQ and just lookin for something to keep up with the subs, but still sound real good, just get some coaxials, throw them in the stock location, and amp em real nice.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Hey, it is a 2000 isuzu rodeo....

i am good with glass work, but the way these door panels are designed is very stupid...

ill try to get some pics up, its hard to explain...and there isnt enough room to glass a 6 ontop of the wheel hump by your feet...the speaker mounts to the panel itself, not the door... then there is a odd shaped cover ontop of it...

i was just wondering if replecing my stock 5 1/2s and 4s on amps will be anough... or will i be un happy...

i plan on runing 2 18'' fi bls, with about 3000wrms, so i want something that can keep up....

i had a 3way pioneer coaxial in the front, and 6x9s on my sub box in the back for a while, but it seemd they could keep up with the subs.... 2 10'' clarions.... and they were ampd by a small shitty sony....

i have a spot for a tweeter, but is a 5 1/2 mid driver and a tweeter gunna work good?? and about the back, are 4''s worth replacing???

Yea, just replace all that. 4" speakers are generally pretty cheap. You can run 2 front coax's on each side if you want. That would probably work best with the amount of lows youre running.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

what I did in a 99 rodeo was to take the stock speaker out of the door and then "built" some rings on to the panel to hold some 6.5 mb quarts. what I did was trace the factory grill cut some mdf to that shape and then cut out the hole for the driver and covered it in vinyl use screws thru the back side of the panel to hold the "speaker plate" to the panel and used the aftermarket grill on the front to cover the speaker. oh and the tweet went in the stock location up top. Hope that helps

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

same rodeo...

disconnected the factory 4"ers and popped off the rear door panels, where sure enough there were spots for some speakers..(guess in the higher models they have speakers back there) so lined up the panel cut some holes attatched some more mdf with holes for the speaks and pretty much did the same as the front. only used some coaxes ran off the head unit instead cause the owner did not want to buy another amp. It still sounded real good though.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg