Ok so i was just wondering if you could just use resin to fill the cracks in a box. Cause i cant seem to find any fiberglass around my town. So i have a bottle of resin and i am going to do my 45 angles with the resin and wanted to know if i had to have fiberglass to make it strong enough.

I glued my 45"s in, some silicone sealed it up good then I went over the entire box with resin and sealed it up. I think your talking about the cracks from the 45's? Some people flush it pretty good, if you dont like I do, just use some bodyfiller or something I would think.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

home depot has mat or fiberglass cloth but if all your doing is 45s make sure you put resin on your cracks or gap first you dont want the resin leaking out of the box

So would i need some fiberglass cloth for the 45s? Or just pour it in?

Edited by lolitskasey

I got a little problem when i was going to fiberglass my box the resin in my cup started to turn into like rubber. I use 1/2 quart of resin and used 1/4 oz. of mekp did i put to much or what?

read the directions on the resin, it will tell you how much hardener to use..dont guess, if its hot out use less, if its cold out use more

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

well when glassing today i was doing 8 ounce batches and using 1/4 oz of MEKP so yea ... somethings wrong ... and theres a chart on how much MEKP to use ... its stickied at the top of this section

Edited by Rainman215

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R