I'll give you reasons why SS is so good, not just some generic reply.

The formula of deadener is all butyl and no asphalt filler. Asphalt dries out and cracks and cause the sheets to pull from the metal substrate.

The adhesives used by SS are among the strongest in the industry and have a bonding force greater than anyother deadener.

The sheets are perforated, allowing air bubbles to escape during installation when the sheets are pressed dow. This greatly increases the surface area that contacts to the metal substrate.

SS uses a thicker foil than anyother deadener. This gives a strength and rigidity to the sheets that allow it to suppress body flex.

Rand D that goes into SS is unparalleled, Anthony from SS lives and breathes deadener formulas.

Customer service from SS is superb and Anthony is always on point when you need him.

Bandwagon? Not at all, just the simple facts from actually having experience in this subject.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The formula of deadener is all butyl and no asphalt filler. Asphalt dries out and cracks and cause the sheets to pull from the metal substrate.

The adhesives used by SS are among the strongest in the industry and have a bonding force greater than anyother deadener.

The sheets are perforated, allowing air bubbles to escape during installation when the sheets are pressed dow. This greatly increases the surface area that contacts to the metal substrate.

SS uses a thicker foil than anyother deadener. This gives a strength and rigidity to the sheets that allow it to suppress body flex.

Rand D that goes into SS is unparalleled, Anthony from SS lives and breathes deadener formulas.

Customer service from SS is superb and Anthony is always on point when you need him.

Thanks 'HHR Ed' for the info. I just bought some.

Bandwagon? Not at all, just the simple facts from actually having experience in this subject.

jrplayer36

sweet, glad I can help.

Enjoy it when ya get it.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Oh Snap!!

That is some serious stuff right there.

I appreciate the kind words and to vote of confidence.

You are correct that the adhesive we use is amung the strongest in the industry, however it has taken some time to get there. We have made many changes over the years in order to improve the quality of the products but it hasnt always been cut and dry. Sometimes you hear about b-stock sales that we have. Not every batch turns out right. Even recently we had a batch of material that had too much tactifier added and had some adhesion problems. Sticking to the paper too well and not sticking to the metal as well as it should. When this happens we reduce the price and offer it to our previous customers first then put it up on the forums. As much as I hate to admit that we have had a bad batch of material, it is the truth and we do every thing we can to fix these types of issues when they arrise (as seldem as they are). Overall though we have a pretty good reputation providing quality products at affordible prices, long before we were advertising on this site.

As far as the perforated sheets goes, there is some sort of truth to that in there. Our adhesive has less oxygen content thatn other product because otf the resin we use. It has a nigher oil count which acts as a defaoming agent allowing for better oil absorbtion, and lower air bubbles.

We strive to provide the best possible products to the customer at the best possible pricing and are always trying to improve our products at every opportunity.

That being said, hushmat is an awesome product, and most anyone that has every used it will say the same thing!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

Oh Snap!!

That is some serious stuff right there.

I appreciate the kind words and to vote of confidence.

You are correct that the adhesive we use is amung the strongest in the industry, however it has taken some time to get there. We have made many changes over the years in order to improve the quality of the products but it hasnt always been cut and dry. Sometimes you hear about b-stock sales that we have. Not every batch turns out right. Even recently we had a batch of material that had too much tactifier added and had some adhesion problems. Sticking to the paper too well and not sticking to the metal as well as it should. When this happens we reduce the price and offer it to our previous customers first then put it up on the forums. As much as I hate to admit that we have had a bad batch of material, it is the truth and we do every thing we can to fix these types of issues when they arrise (as seldem as they are). Overall though we have a pretty good reputation providing quality products at affordible prices, long before we were advertising on this site.

As far as the perforated sheets goes, there is some sort of truth to that in there. Our adhesive has less oxygen content thatn other product because otf the resin we use. It has a nigher oil count which acts as a defaoming agent allowing for better oil absorbtion, and lower air bubbles.

We strive to provide the best possible products to the customer at the best possible pricing and are always trying to improve our products at every opportunity.

That being said, hushmat is an awesome product, and most anyone that has every used it will say the same thing!

ANT

Good to no. I still willing to try the product.

jrplayer36