one run of 1/0 for 8k rms?

DO WORK!

DSC03983.jpg

Didnt you know that that doubles the power LOL.

Edit:

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I just called this guy a moron because I always used the rule of one run per 3000 watts and ground to the chassis.( I know you guys like one run + & -)

I have one run of 1/0 to a 210 Ah battery for 600 watts. So I guess you can call it overkill but in my eyes if you spend all that money on amps, subs, and batts then why not wire.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

From what I see in your diagram, he's running 4+ runs of 1/0 to the amps themselves from the battery bank. (2 each to the sub amps, and however many he has to the highs amps.)

The setup itself is inefficient because the battery bank cant get the power as fast as the batteries are expending it. He can bang 1500-2000 watts all day on that setup, but he may be able to produce between 6 and 8k for a short time, until either the battery bank drops too low or something blows.

He can run as many runs of 1/0 as he wants to the front, but if he's not hooking the 1/0 up to alternators, he's no better off.

In theory, grounds are where you make your power... They are more important than power wire. <Ground is where the amp pulls amperage> and power wire is where the amp gets its voltage from. So hopefully he has those battery banks grounded out really well.... So he can bang away for short periods of time.

EDIT: Yeah, he needs to find a better grounding solution. He'll probably toast that single 1/0 ground going to the front faster than anything. He should keep that there, as well as grounding the bank itself to the chassis, and the big 3 on the front of course. He should have a ground per battery directly to the chassis and the 1/0 ground from the front to the back.

Edited by JDirty96

So he would be better off running both runs for power and grounding everything to the chassis, is that correct.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

call ultimate autosound u need advice

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

As far as I'm reading that there's 6 rear batteries and 1 front one, with a single run of 0 running front-rear. Which IMO is completely fine. As he said, it's really just there to allow charge current from the alt to the rear battery bank, which handles the load.

I have almost exactly the same setup in my Getz running 12k+

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!