Sonic Electronix

Few questions on AQ and FI and 15" and 18"

i was wondering if anyone here has any expierence with both companys. i own audioque products but never have heard an FI subs. i was wondering if there is a huge difference in sound, reliability, and just pure bass. and need a few opinions on if i should get another AQ 15 to add it to my other AQ 15 so i can have two or should i buy an AQ or FI BTL 18 and sell my AQ 15? im running an AQ2200D. Give me yalls opinions on this one.

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

i was wondering if anyone here has any expierence with both companys. i own audioque products but never have heard an FI subs. i was wondering if there is a huge difference in sound, reliability, and just pure bass. and need a few opinions on if i should get another AQ 15 to add it to my other AQ 15 so i can have two or should i buy an AQ or FI BTL 18 and sell my AQ 15? im running an AQ2200D. Give me yalls opinions on this one.

If had both and sold my fi to get a audioque, and I love it and it says cooler longer, based on my experience

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

2 15's > 1 18" if you have the space for it.

i probably have just about enough space for two 18s. ive never heard an 18 before and im wondering if i had a btl 15 and a btl 18 on the same amp if it would be a huge difference?

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

all depends on how well the box is designed. there will be a difference. how big? i dont know. i would just go with the 2 15's IMO

thats kinda whut im leaning toward. plus the BTLs are really expensive.

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

I think youll be happier with the 2 aq 15s. They are a great product at a even greater price, not to mention the AQ can do everything the FI can do. I know several people using the AQ hd3 18s with 4000wrm on each sub.

Just in the price difference alone between a btl 18 and a aq 15, you could almost get the aq 15, and a second matching aq 2200d. Then not only are you doubling your cone area, but your power and should get a nice gain on spl (a good 3-5 db's).

I think youll be happier with the 2 aq 15s. They are a great product at a even greater price, not to mention the AQ can do everything the FI can do. I know several people using the AQ hd3 18s with 4000wrm on each sub.

Just in the price difference alone between a btl 18 and a aq 15, you could almost get the aq 15, and a second matching aq 2200d. Then not only are you doubling your cone area, but your power and should get a nice gain on spl (a good 3-5 db's).

thanks man ill do some more thinking

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

You also got to think of AudioQues company history, they have been making woofers long before Audioque was formed. The owner of AudioQue use to be the owner of Digital Designs but then sold DD to his son Jassa, while his pops went ahead and started up a new company. Lots of technology is shared between DD and AQ, I feel that AudioQue will be the next Digital Designs, just from how the company is growing. Theres even been times I thought of switching from DD to AQ just because the cheaper pricing without really sacrificing any customer service, or even quality and reliabilty!

However, there is a simular storey with Fi/AA being that Scott use to work for RE Audio.

However you cant go wrong with either company, they both provide excellent products not to mention service!

I just remember how I started out with my first quality woofer it was a 12 inch DD9512, and then it just wasnt enough so I went and got a 2nd dd9515 and had my other 12 turned into a 15, then I reconed one into a 18, then a half year later my other 15 became a 18 and I walled my car. Bassheads are never happy and always want more bass! :) Most likely youll with get louder from the 2 15s and the 2200wrms vs the 1 18 and 2200wrms making you have a bigger smile on the face :)

my sig changed from 1 15" btl to 2 audioque hdc3 12s mainly cuz the opening of my car is 17 inches, so i cant fit a 15 in there unless i made it 3.2 cubes (which would be "choking" the btl)....now i can fit 4.6 cube if i were to buy 2 12s, audioque ftw! :), ordering next week :D

Edited by OrenB217

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.