Sonic Electronix

A lot of people including myself have been having a lot of problems recently with DEI and the new HCCA/Orion amps.

Mine didn't last me more than 30 minutes!

I sent mine back to DEI (under warranty from Shane, Hccafan)...in MAY! They took forever to even let me know what was going on with it. Finally after asking Hccafan what was going on DEI gives him a simple response:

"Tell the customer that we have been waiting for the parts to come in to repair his amp.  I was like WTF :R it takes two months to get some parts in to repair an amp? :-X

Hell, I've known of people blowing their amps and getting it back to them within 3 days!

This was my first time sending some thing to DEI and more than likely my last. I thought DEI/Orion/HCCA was a great reliable company (products & customer service). If I would have heard negative things about them before then I wouldn't have bought from them. I owned two old Orion 2500ds and never had a problem with them. Sold them simply to get the newer line, D5000s, which I regret.

I am not the only one having problems with the new amps. I know of atleast 5 people (personally) that have blown their new HCCA amps and/or are having problems getting any updates or their amps returned to them from DEI.

Finally about 3 weeks DEI attempted to ship my amp. I was not home for none of the 3 attempts. I asked HCCAFAN if they could resend it and Tammy (person that works for DEI) got upset that I wasn't home (which I did too, trust me). So they said they would send it via regular UPS ground and I said ok. I even offered to pay for them to reship it. Shane told me it wasn't necessary but that I better be home next time.

I understand why they would get upset but at the same time I have been waiting since MAY for my amp. I should be the one thats very upset. Im cool with Shane, I've done lots of business with him before. However these passed few days I have made several attempts by both aim & e-mail and he doesn't answer neither. Same problem other people are having.

Anyways what im trying to tell you guys here is becareful if your going to send some thing to DEI right now. A lot of people are having problems with them. Also I would highly recommend that nobody buy a new HCCA amp. From what I read, the new [glow=red,2,300]HCCA amps are having a 95% return rate.[/glow] Just about every single one of them are defective because they have bad chips.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens. Hopefully every thing turns out alright for everybody.

Just found all my e-mails between HCCAFAN...I've contacted him over and over, last he told me was:

I should have tracking for ya as soon as it leaves but you need to make sure you go to the place of delivery once per day to make sure it hasnt been delivered 3 times. 8/24/06

Haven't heard from him since. >:(

Anybody checked on caraudio? There's 3 pages of people having problems with DEI and HCCAFAN. No one has been able to get in contact with him. I really really doubt Shane would rip people off like that I think the hold up is on DEI's part but still...no contact with customers is never good, at all...

Maybe that's one of the reasons FI is starting to take over :D Scott Answers all your emails

• 2 weeks later...

Me- Sent D5000 in May

Still haven't gotten it. Finally got thru to speak to some one today and they asked who I got it from. I told them (HCCAFAN) and the guy started laughing. He told me he knows exactly who I am talking about and since I got it from him they will not warranty it. Now I don't know what to do.

Anybody else?

burn down their building  >:( :R

Seriously this sucks...Guy sounded like he really didn't give a fuck. I told him that I bought the amp from Shane (hccafan) and he told me well he isn't an authorized seller therefor we will not warranty your amp. So I asked OK so what do I do? He said your pretty much screwed and have to take this up with him.

that freakin sux man, i really wanted to get an orion amp for a build but am kinda scared to after seeing everyone problems

Don't do it! Atleast not right now. Trust me. I haven't gotten my amp back since May! Plus the new models are having a 95% return rate. Deffinetly look into some thing else. :R

Now I'm just worried that I lost $650. :V