Second Skin Audio

My box design is done. Can someone look it over Please

This is what I came up with from reading all the other posts. I have tons of time into this to get it what I have. It is the third one and hopefully the final one.

scan0001.jpg

It will be two DC lvl 3 12in subs instead of 1 15 in this photo.

After sub displacment .30 and port displacment 1.03 I am coming up with 2.99 and I was needing 3 cf for the subs. I have 30 in of port. Port area is 50. I am at 16.66in port to cf box. It looks like it will be tuned right around 35/36 hz. which I was shooting for 35 to 38.

If anyone has any advice please speak up I have never done a ported box before.

Edited by regularjoe

this is what u have

[email protected].. this includes end correction factor and the fact that it bends which extends the port length

sub displacement is only like .17, not .3

i would add small 45s and a dowel rod from front baffle to back connecting right next to the sub on the left of the picture, from rear port wall to front baffle on the right of the sub in picture, and from side to port wall

this should change it to ~2.9cuft@33hz which should sound a wee bit louder

so if u want 3cuft@35-38hz u will need to shrink the box since u will be shrinking the port

which means u have to redo it again, lol.... i can help tho

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

this is what u have

[email protected].. this includes end correction factor and the fact that it bends which extends the port length

sub displacement is only like .17, not .3

i would add small 45s and a dowel rod from front baffle to back connecting right next to the sub on the left of the picture, from rear port wall to front baffle on the right of the sub in picture, and from side to port wall

this should change it to ~2.9cuft@33hz which should sound a wee bit louder

so if u want 3cuft@35-38hz u will need to shrink the box since u will be shrinking the port

which means u have to redo it again, lol.... i can help tho

I thought Rusty said that a dc lvl 3 12 was .15. I will have 2 of them. This is just a pic i pulled from another post. Am I correct I could be wrong. I will deff add those supports thanks. Could I also put a 45 support in the corner of the box at the corner of the port ( top right corner in the pic) so that would take some of that port size down a little and help air movement. Any dowels from top to bottom?

Thanks for the replys I really appreciate it.

Edit: I am ok going a little bigger with the box volume if I need to. I can shorten the port a little. I just wanted to stay as clost to 3cf as I could. This is for 2 12in DC lvl 3 subs ran by a sundown saz1000d amp.

Edited by regularjoe

ok. i fixed it

keep ur dimensions

yes put the 45 in the port bend... make sure it isnt so big it shrinks the port width

yes do a few top to bottom... dowels are cheap, really cheap... so dont be stingy

shorten 2nd port piece from 17.75 to 11"

u will have [email protected]

a little bit on the high side of port area.... why does it have to stay around 1.5cuft

if it was me, i would shrink the port to 3.5wide...3.3cuft@35hz... 2nd port piece would be 4"

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Why does what have to stay at 1.5cft. I spoke with Rusty and he said to these subs like 1.5cft each so im shootinfor 3 cft. This will be a daily setup not a spl. But I do want to get what I can out of it. I have them in a 2cft sealed box without displacment. I keep reading about how good ported boxes are. Thanks Ill shorten the back port leg down. Thats all I need to Change other than the bracing correct?

Edit: I can change that if it would be better. Im new to the ported boxes so im game for anything that would make it better.

Edit 2: Just shorten the back piece from 38.5 to 38 bringing the width to 39.5 or widen the front piece to 35 where the subs are mounted?

Edit 3: Is it bad to have the port area that heigh?

Edited by regularjoe

do what u want, ill reiterate

4" wide port

[email protected]

or if it was me since its daily and not spl at all i would do

3.5" wide port

[email protected]

2nd port piece would be 9"

brace side to side, between woofers from baffle to back and top to bottom since it is 40" wide

45 in the port bend and maybe another on the opposite rear

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

do what u want, ill reiterate

4" wide port

[email protected]

or if it was me since its daily and not spl at all i would do

3.5" wide port

[email protected]

2nd port piece would be 9"

brace side to side, between woofers from baffle to back and top to bottom since it is 40" wide

45 in the port bend and maybe another on the opposite rear

THANKYOU for the help. I was a little nervous this would get alot of views and no posts.

Is that 9in total. So im guessing i need 8.25 because of the .75 thickness of the side leg? Or do yu want 9 plus that .75?

Ok this is what i got. Thanks for helping.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/r...os/finalbox.jpg

I cant seem to get the pic to post on here.

Edited by regularjoe