Second Skin Audio

May be a stupid Question But.........

I will be using bolts for the speaker wire, ( never done it before)meaning wire with terminal on inside, and wire with terminal outside, the box will be carpeted so.....

1. will the current flow cause a problem with the carpet? (ex heat causing fire or burning of the carpet)

2. The nuts and bolts are all Stainless Steel, is that ok for this use?

3. Will these affect the ohm load that the amp sees? (imp rise?)

Thank you in advance

Sry if these are dumb ?'s, I used the search bar, but I didnt get much that really helped.

1. Will the current flow cause a problem with the carpet? (ex heat causing fire or burning of the carpet)

I doubt it but i'd put a washer under the wire and then the nut over it so the wire doest touch the carpet

Yes

No idea...

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

ive never seen it on carpet but people use those bolts all the time. nothing wrong with it. im sure it wont cause a fire.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

1. Will the current flow cause a problem with the carpet? (ex heat causing fire or burning of the carpet)

I doubt it but i'd put a washer under the wire and then the nut over it so the wire doest touch the carpet

Yes

No idea...

Well I was Thinking of this, on the outside of the box, it would go washer, nut, Ring, Nut

Edited by Crump

lol dude, a washer would be the same thing as the wire. unless its rubber.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

lol dude, a washer would be the same thing as the wire. unless its rubber.

lol good point, wasnt thinkin about that.

I think itll be fine with no washers but if wanna have something to make it feel safer to you, get you some of these... http://www.crazypc.com/products/PQ4-8305.html

Or just cut the carpet around the bolts away a good bit.

Edited by Street

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

why not just leave the bolt out and run the wire through the hole?

dont know how to use a soldering iron?