Sundown Audio

Amp Suggestions

TATRO

I need some input on a good reliable amp that will push about 500-600 watts at 4 ohms but put out some good power at 1 ohm so that i can stay in the 0-600 class during comps. I recently started entering some sound off comps and got hooked. My current setup is a 10" type R and a Kenwood KAC-9103d, big three upgrade with 1/0 gauge and one farad cap. At the last competion i was able to hit 142.2 and 138 on street beat witch i felt pretty proud of since i beat out a couple 12s and 15s. But thats the old setup a 12" btl or 15" bl will be order on payday. But im in need of a bigger amp and hopefully his is where your guys knowledge comes in. thanks.

Well I am running a Us Amps Xt4000d on my 15"BL..The specs on it say..Rms 200watts x 1 @4 ohms..I don't know how this would work with the rules of your competition but I can tell you this..I am running my amp at 1 ohm on my dual 2 ohm Fi BL and it makes roughly 1200-1500 watts ..I can tell you this....my ears hurt. Don't know how many Db's I am doing cause I can't get ahold of a Spl Meter where I am at without driving 2 hours so. You can check it out here.

www.usamps.com

thanks for the input. The class that im competing in allows you to have an amp with a rms rating of up to 600 watts. But i know there are alot of amps that dont really make alot of power at four ohms but are made to be really efficent at 1 or .5 ohms and that is what im looking for. Again any input is greatly appreciated.

Archived