Destram's RE Audio Show Off

yea man like uhoh said right now the air is trying to go two different ways. if you turn it around all the air should be getting pushed out the front smoothly. and it should make a bigger difference when you crack your windows. Not trying to piss you off. its just what ive always been taught. nice build i really like it

Sure, I can agree with that, but simply turning the box around shouldn't make any difference because the ports will still be facing up and still have just as much cabin space as they had before.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong..I just need someone to tell me how I am wrong if I am.

two major reasons for putting the port towards the back

1) u always want to direct the sound waves from back to front, u dont ever want the pressure to go back... this ultimately equates to a be quieter and can even be sloppier because of...

2) the fact that the port is in the back and can travel up then along the headliner actually gives the port something to load off of or bounce if u will... this can help direct the sound forward and increase ur low end giving more distance for the wave to expand before hitting ur ears/meter...

ever wonder why it sounds soo much better playin below 40hz with the windows down.... the waves are 20-35ft long... and the more distance u put from that port/box usually the better overall response you get but on the highs and lows

its merely a more efficient orientation for sub/port

sucks about the sub, but again u might gain a bit more cone control by turning the box and letting that port fire against something (rear hatch door)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived