probably a stupid question

I have an mtx re-q sound processor and on the gain level settings I set them to max cuz I was not sure where else to put them and I going to test the output volt signal to the amp to set my gain on the amps now my question is will it clip the sub if i have the re-q set to max or what?

steven.jpg

I have an mtx re-q sound processor and on the gain level settings I set them to max cuz I was not sure where else to put them and I going to test the output volt signal to the amp to set my gain on the amps now my question is will it clip the sub if i have the re-q set to max or what?

no question is a stupid question.... i personally haven't installed a req but i've read about them and I think it basically works on the same principal as the audiocontrol cleansweep and the epicenter.... but you never want to start with your gains at max. I don't think the req amplifies the signal any it just processes it and restores the algorythms your loosing from the stock head unit so start with the gain at the half way point on the req and go from there... is it going to clip the sub amp depends on how much voltage you have going thru the req from the source.... so ... theoretically the amp will only clip at the point it clipped before you installed the processor....

clever.jpg

Archived