Well, we got the head unit harnesses put together, tested head unit, it works. We ran wires thru dash (rca's, voltmeter, bass knob etc), Crump will post pictures/videos later, dash should be in tomorrow night, matting is questionable for tomorrow, but def done by next friday. Firewall drilling and test fitting the box at the car audio shop will be done sometime next week. Next Friday we (should) be done with all the matting and wire running. All thats left is me replacing my bumper (idk how long, hopefully before xmas), then we hook up the kinetik 2400, amp, and subs (shouldnt take too long). :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Little updates

Ran 1/0 From Alt + to Battery +

100_0407.jpg

Zipped up and ready to go

100_0410.jpg

Teh Jew Deadening

100_0408.jpg

Head Unit in just to make sure its all working

100_0411.jpg

Heres a little video of it playing

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

And Dropped the wires down ready to get ran

100_0416.jpg

This car fucking hates me, almost every screw is stripped, bolt is rusted or a battery terminal is corroded through. Fucking hate this car, but I really want this to get done.

Working from 11 a.m. - 9 :45 P.m. @ a pizza joint and then working on this car is way too much work after work so updates may come slower, becuase it's draining me.

So Leave some comments I know its not the most exciting stuff, but its work, so I post , maybe some comments will bring me to want to work on it more.

Hahahahaha, mine looked exactly the same !!! 3/4 Birch now, I can stand on it!! I like how you cut a handle in it though, I may have to do that to make it easier to lift up. Looking good, keep up the good work!!

Edit: Hey, if you can't get the harness fixed, just cut it out, I have a wiring diagram somewhere, if you need it I can find it when I get back from Vacation on Sunday night.

ok man, so i got the bottem seat out no problem, then back seat got the bottem screws out on each side, and then went to the ski hole thing........

Lets just say the screws are stripped to shit and I have had this type of luck during this whole thing each time I wanna go onto the next stage one of these little nuts or blots or screws is fucking me up..... totally taking my excitement away from this install. If i had gotten that seat off, I could have ran some wire tested the box, finished deadening, etc..... etc........

Atleast you guys got SOMETHING done.

yessiree lol, we just need to take out the bolts that hold the seats to test fit the box, imma take it in somewhere to have em use force

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Love the video man!

Glad to ehar you like the Damplifier Lite!

Install looks like it is going very well.

ANT

haha thanks alot ant! Your products are the shit and the good thing about it is that u notice the difference right away, so thats a plus! :)....speaking of that, the only thing going well so far is the matting, the head unit is in/working but its mounted crooked cuz the previous owners of my car warped the hell outta the mounting brackets trying to remove a dual flip out screen before giving the car to me, plus the head unit is not fitting thru the factory dash plates, so i need to buy new brackets and maybe a different dash kit. This is the one i got from sonicelectronix and its not working out at all: http://www.installer.com/photos/nn2155bs.jpg so if anyone with maxima experience can give me any input on a better dash kit/dash face plate, thatll be great. Crump will post a pic up of the crooked head unit install, i didnt mount everything back together cuz i didnt wanna undo it later. :(

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Couple Pics

"Ghetto" Dash Pics

Volt Meter Mount

100_0423.jpg

Assembled, but not put together cuz the mounts are fucked up

100_0425.jpg

BUT I am officially 96.56748937546% done with the trunk deadening

100_0424.jpg

more layers

100_0426.jpg

So, we only have 10 square feet left. So thats a total of 50 square feet in the trunk SO FAR, and will probably have the rest in there and about ten sq feet of damplifier pro. Totalling a wopping 70 sq feet in the trunk alone. Lets just say the Fenders are like rocks.

I love me some second skin. :D

Archived