Second Skin Audio

interesting results for different box sizes

I was building a few boxes messing with my btl's I built 1 box that was 5 cubes with a 60 square inch port (minimum enclosure rec) and a box that is 9.6 cubes with 105 square inch port (close to max rec size) I ran 1500 watts to each just messin around and in the smaller box the sub didnt hardly move, however in the huge box 1500 watts actually pounds really hard oh ya both boxes are tuned to approx 38 hz I never knew it made that big of a difference in the enclosure size.

steven.jpg

larger enclosure = less power needed to move woofer but you can throw less power to said woofer.

smaller enclosure = more power needed to move woofer but you can throw more power to said woofer.

Keep the internal net size the same and increase your port area and then see what you find out. :D

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

larger enclosure = less power needed to move woofer but you can throw less power to said woofer.

smaller enclosure = more power needed to move woofer but you can throw more power to said woofer.

X2.

This has been known for a while. What I would like to know is the difference in output between boxes with the same airspace, but different dimensions and locations of the port.

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

That would be dependent with individual cars. Even the same make and models will be different because not everyone's cars are exactly the same.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

im not saying this is some great discovery but this difference was much more than I expected and I did change the port locations on the both boxes but since my car is a coupe it was only changed from sub up/port up and sub forward port forward. sub up port up was the loudest but also had way too much flex im putting a wall next at 13 cubes with the biggest port i can fit I'll post a vid of the number and how it looks.

steven.jpg

Not very good comparisons when things aren't the same but yeah Wall to lower the pressurized area down and then the biggest port you can fit will definitely be a big step up. Wait, you putting a wall in a g35 coupe? O Nooos.... lol. Is the car going to still be clean?

Its a G35. I would not destroy the car to put a wall in it. But I do drive an accord so maybe you don't think like I do.

Its a G35. I would not destroy the car to put a wall in it. But I do drive an accord so maybe you don't think like I do.

Ya I understand thats pretty much the reaction I when talking about the system in this car but I have built a few big builds in it and it stayed clean but thanks for the input

steven.jpg