Hey bro, how'd ya make out...?

haven't had time to even fool with it on this weekend.. was in st louis on friday and saturday i was busy so ill prolly jump on it soon.. i miss my 4 high with all em HIDs. 6000k in lows and highs

so for my application, it seems as though im going to only need 1 diode.. the second diode considering i have no other lights that need to be turned on

Edited by MR_CLARK

Hate to be threadjack but how do you know which pins/prongs/whatchamacallits to bridge with the diodes? I mean, in this application it's spelled out for you but I haven't found much in regards to my car...

You put the diode in the "85" slot on your head light relays... Just make sure the diode is facing the right way or it wont work... And remember to heatshrink it so it doesn't short anything... When you open your under hood electrical panel, there should be a diagram on the lid that tells you what each relay is for, and what number each pin is...

haven't had time to even fool with it on this weekend.. was in st louis on friday and saturday i was busy so ill prolly jump on it soon.. i miss my 4 high with all em HIDs. 6000k in lows and highs

so for my application, it seems as though im going to only need 1 diode.. the second diode considering i have no other lights that need to be turned on

Yes, all you would need is 1 diode, just jump it between the "85" slot on your repays...

Edited by TritonBoulder47

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD HEMI - LOADED

Stereo:  STOCK

Emergency Equipment:  Morotola - Federal Signal - Feniex - Gamber Johnson

Performance:  MOPAR Performance - Diablo

911 Calltaker / Diaptcher, Volunteer Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Fire Fighter, Fire Policeman, Emergency Equipment Installer / Repairman

You put the diode in the "85" slot on your head light relays... Just make sure the diode is facing the right way or it wont work... And remember to heatshrink it so it doesn't short anything... When you open your under hood electrical panel, there should be a diagram on the lid that tells you what each relay is for, and what number each pin is...

Oh sweet, didn't realize they were all the same, I'm an idiot! lol

Thanks for the tip

Mr Clark, best of luck to you, hope it works out =]

Too many projects, too little time...

Yes, all you would need is 1 diode, just jump it between the "85" slot on your repays...

On your 03 you should have been able to do that under the dash at the BCM. Not sure if he can do the same being a '98.

To the original poster, if you still are having the problem send me a PM and I'll make a write up on how you can do it just with the relay you have and the rest on your own.

Those kits with the relays are rediculously overpriced, when you can do the same thing for cheap.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Those kits with the relays are rediculously overpriced, when you can do the same thing for cheap.

Yeah they are... I had one on my '95 Tahoe, and it actually melted, so I took it out... Using the diode is much cheaper (you can get a 5 or 10 pack at radio shack for under $5...) and it's easier...

911 Calltaker / Diaptcher, Volunteer Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Fire Fighter, Fire Policeman, Emergency Equipment Installer / Repairman

okay i have one of those overpriced kits on my truck already.. which i failed to mention.. cant get it to work for anything so im looking at a for sure way to keep them running all the time cuz i love my 4 high with all 4 of the HIDs beaming.. gotta love to make it daylight at night

okay i have one of those overpriced kits on my truck already.. which i failed to mention.. cant get it to work for anything so im looking at a for sure way to keep them running all the time cuz i love my 4 high with all 4 of the HIDs beaming.. gotta love to make it daylight at night

Then the diode method is the way to go... IMHO

Then the diode method is the way to go... IMHO

Wow dude.

Ok, so what would i need to do if i just want my DRL's on with my lows.

Thanks

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Wow dude.

Ok, so what would i need to do if i just want my DRL's on with my lows.

Thanks

Here's a link to what I used... It's from my Avalanche forum... Linky It's written up for a chevy, but the process will be the same for any vehicle with DRL's or the dual bulb headlights... Just refference the correct relays and the correct slots on the relays... There's a link to a PDF write-up on the first post on the link as well... It's really easy to follow...