Sonic Electronix

problems with brigdging amp...please help

i feel like a total jackass, i am having big problems with my amp, i have a soundstorm labratories 1600 watt 2-channel powering 2-kicker cvx 12's, the subs are rated for 750 rms and 1500 peak, when i bridge my amp it will shut off after it hits hard a couple of times, i dont have this problem until i bridge my amp, i have now clue what is going on, i checked fuses, i have a good ground, i have a good power connection, i have my rcas run correctly, and remote is good so ...

99rangerkid

Not trying to bash you, but from personal experience, those amps suck badly! They were made to break, that is why those amps are soo cheap.. Get you something better man. Trust me.. Something better will give those subs what they need.

___

EX:

http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_2100...orm_F3600D.aspx

SoundStorm F3600D

Power @ 1 Ohm: 3600W x 1 for 200$

?

Not going to happen...

___

Edited by cccmaa

Technical Specification

RMS Power Range : 750 Watts

Peak Power Handling: 1500 Watts

Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm

Diameter: 12 Inch

Features

Nominal Impedance: Dual 4-Ohm

Resonance Frequency: Hz 26.4

Power Handling Peak: 1500 Watts

Power Handling RMS: 750 Watts

Total Q-Factor: 0.36

Equivalent Volume: 2.3 ft3

Outer Frame Diameter:12-9/16"

Hole Cut-Out Diameter: 11 1/8"

Mounting Depth: 6-5/8"

Priced per speaker

99rangerkid

Since they are 4 ohm subs, you can either wire the coils in parallel which will give you a 1 ohm load, or you can wire the coils in series and get a 4 ohm load. If I was you, i'd invest in a better amp that is stable to run at 1 ohm. But you're amp is going into protect because you're trying to push it too much & probably because of your electrical too, i'd try to upgrade your big 3 and see if that helps

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

So I think the reason your voltage drops is the extra draw you've created by bridging your amp plz someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think your amp will do one ohm bridged. If it will, then first thing I would do would be the big 3 to try and get rid on some of the voltage drop. The amp could be shutting down due to lack of enough power but my guess is that your amp wasn't meant to do one ohm bridged.