Playa Named Joe Posted October 30, 2009 Report Posted October 30, 2009 Anyone have any info on these? How much can they take daily? I'm thinking about this because the HDC3 takes 1000rms, I don't want to have to mess with another battery... If I get the SDC2.5 I can run less power. I don't need that much bass of a HDC3 because I think my 10" RE RE and 10" TIS pound pretty good... in a sealed box. Plus, the SDC2.5 are DIRT cheap. Anyone have any box plans? Don't want to go any bigger then 15H x 35W x 30D. I want it ported and tuned around 35hz. This is for a daily driver. Thanks, Joe 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Scapelli21 Posted October 30, 2009 Report Posted October 30, 2009 Honestly, the 2.5 would be pretty good on that amp. Most people will tell you not to even get the HDC unless you have 1500+, some say 2k+. 2.5 should do just fine for you if you set your gains and everything correctly 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ Pioneer 980BT 16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass NS-1 - 3 D3100's DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown Team Sundown Audio
Playa Named Joe Posted October 30, 2009 Author Report Posted October 30, 2009 OK, Well it would be wired to 2 ohms, because they only come in D4, and my birthsheet says about 840 at 2ohm at 14.4, my car is usally about 14. I would keep my gain down a bit. What do you think this could take daily? 800rms after break in? How fast or slow is AQ's shipping? 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Scapelli21 Posted October 30, 2009 Report Posted October 30, 2009 I have been told upwards of 1-1.3kw. But like I said, you need to know what you're doing as well 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ Pioneer 980BT 16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass NS-1 - 3 D3100's DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown Team Sundown Audio
Playa Named Joe Posted October 30, 2009 Author Report Posted October 30, 2009 Damn, thats a shit ton more then I thought they could. So, tomorrow, I will finaly order a sub. I can't wait. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Playa Named Joe Posted October 30, 2009 Author Report Posted October 30, 2009 is 17.5 sq in per cubic foot to much on the port? I can't seem to design a box with the right port area. help pl0x? 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Jared420 Posted October 30, 2009 Report Posted October 30, 2009 OK, Well it would be wired to 2 ohms, because they only come in D4, and my birthsheet says about 840 at 2ohm at 14.4, my car is usally about 14. I would keep my gain down a bit. What do you think this could take daily? 800rms after break in? How fast or slow is AQ's shipping? shipping is fast my amp was shipped same day and got it in mass a business week later think ordered on Wednesday got it next Tuesday 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Playa Named Joe Posted October 30, 2009 Author Report Posted October 30, 2009 shipping is fast my amp was shipped same day and got it in mass a business week later think ordered on Wednesday got it next Tuesday Awesome, lol. I wish I would have waited on getting my amp and for an AQ1200. Would have saved me $150. lol. and I could have already had an AQ HDC3 or SDC2.5 bumping loud and proud. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Playa Named Joe Posted October 30, 2009 Author Report Posted October 30, 2009 Anyone have the displacment on a SDC2.5 15? and weight? 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.