Question On Batteries, Alts Etc.

i see like simple car audio systems that can be powered by the cars battery and stock alt with no problem... when do u need to upgrade your battery and alt? and when do u need to get extra batteries? ive always wondered this, how do u know how many batteries and alts u need?

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

do the math. if your amp puts out 1000w divide that by voltage 14v = 71amps. factor in the amps efficience, add about 50amps to run the car. thats about how many amps you need out on an alt. however you can see it gets hard to get enough alts to power large systems so you add batteries as a reserve power source. how many do you need? well for me ive just seen enough systems to have a good idea for what works.

kinetic has a calculator that'll do it for you.

watch your headlights to get a good idea. if they dim a good deal, get more electrical. start with a battery, if you outgrow that or play your system so long that your draining it while you drive, upgrade that alt.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived