Second Skin Audio

looking for a better set of subs

Guest Dave

I have four mtx 7500 12's on an mtx 1500 watt rms amp. Right now i hit at 153.2db. I know they arent the best that they make either but i want a louder sub but not sacrificing too much sq. I wounldnt mind going to a 15. Can ne one help me out on this

Edited by Dave

what vehicle is this in?. thats a pretty high score. this ^^^

Edited by ugpbmx

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

What the hell did you meter on in the port with a AC mic?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

what meter did you use ? i know it wasnt a TL

[/quote

Hoonestly i'm not sure what kind of meter it was it just what my truck hit at damn near every competition i've been too i could ask

I had it originally ina 95 nissan pathfinder that hit 150.3 same set up now i have a 95 chevy k1500 ext cab we made the box and the ports slightly larger and it jumped to 153.2 with doors open

are you using aero ports, if so what size?

no i have slotted ports they are 3 inches wide 14 inches tall and i believe 10 or 12 inches deep i'm not i know it's tuned to about 38hz