BNIB RE SEX 15 ***SOLD TO TUDSKI***

Sorry but how do these sub compare to L7 15.?????????????

The L7 supposedly handles more power than the SEX 15, but the SEx is rated very conservatively. In the real world, the SEX will take less power to get loud and play properly in a smaller enclosure.

Hey I'm new here(obviously) and I'm looking for sub(s) for my car. Someone on another forum told me to check this place out. And another member on there told me to check out RE SE subs cause they are good starter subs.

I'm seriously thinking about buying this from you, but I need some questions answered first.

What kind of amp would I need that would be good for the sub? It would be nice if it's cheap and won't dim my lights when it hits.

Also pardon me if I say something stupid since I'm new to car audio.

RE SE 12" subs (2) in prefab dual ported box (custom box coming soon)

Hifonics bxi610 mono 600 watt amp

Stock HU

Mach RCU

Apline 5 x 7 S Type Speakers (2) (1 blown)

Stock rear speakers (2)

Pyramid Tweeters (2)

Hey I'm new here(obviously) and I'm looking for sub(s) for my car. Someone on another forum told me to check this place out. And another member on there told me to check out RE SE subs cause they are good starter subs.

I'm seriously thinking about buying this from you, but I need some questions answered first.

What kind of amp would I need that would be good for the sub? It would be nice if it's cheap and won't dim my lights when it hits.

Also pardon me if I say something stupid since I'm new to car audio.

The only dumb question is an unasked one. This ^^ shows that you have enough humility to be a man an ask.

As far as what type of amp would be good on this sub, there are many choices. The SEx carries a "thermal" rating of 600 watts RMS, however, it will take 1000 wats or more as long as it is clean, unclipped power ("clipping" is when your amplifer strains to reach a certain power output).

If you plan on running one sub for a while, just get a 1000-1500 watt RMS amp that will be run at 2 ohms on this sub. Depending on the amp, the sub should see 650-1000 or so watts at 2 ohms, which will fine if you use my (or RE's!) enclosure specs.

If you think you might upgrade later with another 15, then you should look at something rated at about 1500 RMS or so for right now. That way, you can use it now and still drop it down to 1 ohm later when you get another sub for 750 RMS to each.

Offhand, the AudioPipe AP 15001D stands out as a great bargin (about $170) for its actual power output of 1500 watts RMS. There are many other choices though; just look around. You may be able to find a good deal on a SAZ (Sundown Audio) amp or something.

The more it sits here the more I am eyeballing this sub for a transmission line at the foot of my bed. I have 70 x 20 x 18 to play with. I would have over 12 feet of port length available just by folding the vent once(!).

Someone had better get this out of my presence... :hairtrick:

Archived