Got into my first accident

That is a good price!

how much are they normally, part+labor?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

That is a good price!

x2, is that painted and everything?

I know around here I got a quote to get a replacement spoiler for my Grand Am and it was damn near $700 and that isnt even painted.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

x2, is that painted and everything?

I know around here I got a quote to get a replacement spoiler for my Grand Am and it was damn near $700 and that isnt even painted.

ooo idk about that ill find that out tomorrow!

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

So, owned a 1998 maxima for about 3 weeks now, been driving other cars since i was 16, got into my first accident. I was turning right on a green light while waiting in the middle of the intersection, then turned and clipped the corner of my car into an oncoming driver with ONE headlight on. I did not see her at all, yet the accident was blamed on me cuz i 'failed to yield". The good news is no one got hurt and my car is still drivable. All it needs is a new front bumper and an allignment check (which i just had done 2 days ago, payed 400 bucks). The bad news is i am on liability insurance with natrual disaster, so i am covering myself, insurance is covering the person i hit. I think its complete bull that its my fault cuz its illegal to have even 1 light out, and i didnt notice it till after i hit her. I am just hoping this fix is gonna be less than 1000 bucks. Please give me input and comments cuz im uber upset and pissed now :(

just go to your local junk yard. you should be able to get one there for about 20-40 bucks. install it yourself and a alignment is only about a 100 bucks or so. it's really cheap to fix little things like that. something just like that happened to my sister about a month ago. it fucked her bumper up. so i went to crazy rays (the local auto junkyard) and found one in good shape in the same color and had her stff fix in a day. it's not a big deal except for the ticket.

So turns out im not gonna go to court....insurance agent said its not worth it at all cuz i got a 0% chance, even tho he said it shouldnt be my fault, so im just gonna take the "safe drivers course" its a 1 day, 2.5 hr course to get the ticket off my record. Totally sucks but thats life :(

wow i wish they had 1 day 2.5 hour course when i had to take them.

Every time it was 1 day 8 hour course or a weekend course that spanned like three days (2-3 hours.)

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

well, i got a few quotes today from shops, and now my week went from bad to the most horrible week of my life....average bill is around 2k for the repair...the 700 was just for the bumper, there is light assembly labor, foam absorbant (its 65 bucks but labor is very $) bent front frame. The parts are not $, its just the labor :(.....i think i am gonna take my car to the community college they got here which is one of the best one's in the state in automotive tech, they do collision repair too and people take their cars there. Im hoping itll cost much much less cuz im actually doing them a favor by helping the students learn there. No car for them to work on= they cant learn, so im hoping itll be less than $1000!

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

wow i wish they had 1 day 2.5 hour course when i had to take them.

Every time it was 1 day 8 hour course or a weekend course that spanned like three days (2-3 hours.)

yea thats what i thought it was gonna be, like more than that, but they said diff lol

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

shit happens to all of us. i've been in 3 accidents and none of them were my fault... TWO of them were blamed on me anyways..

depending on the damages you have, 1000 could be reasonable. if you ONLY need a new bumper cover, then you're looking at a few hundred to buy the part, paint it, and install it (if a shop does it)

good luck man, and shake it off.

*edit*

i go to a community college and im specializing in collision repair and refinishing. we take donor cars (like you mentioned) but it may take a few weeks to get it back. we only get to work on cars 3 days a week.. so dont expect it to go quickly (unless your local college is different)

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

well, i got a few quotes today from shops, and now my week went from bad to the most horrible week of my life....average bill is around 2k for the repair...the 700 was just for the bumper, there is light assembly labor, foam absorbant (its 65 bucks but labor is very $) bent front frame. The parts are not $, its just the labor :(.....i think i am gonna take my car to the community college they got here which is one of the best one's in the state in automotive tech, they do collision repair too and people take their cars there. Im hoping itll cost much much less cuz im actually doing them a favor by helping the students learn there. No car for them to work on= they cant learn, so im hoping itll be less than $1000!

Taking it to the college is a good idea, back a few years when I was in Auto Tech Training people would bring there cars and the only thing they had to pay for was parts, there was no labor charge.

But as J00bles said it may take a bit longer than normal but would definatly be alot cheaper, a few years back before I worked at a dealership and before I got my Tech Training, I had to order a new mirror to replace the one I had since it was cracked, the mirror it self was like 70 bucks, when they got it in they asked if they wanted them to install it, they said it would be 80 dollars, can you believe that 80 bucks for three little nuts you have to tighten down and a click in harness. Of course I installed it myself in all of 1 min, but that just goes to prove how expesive labor is.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Dang man, what happened? Life is unfair sometimes i guess. Yea i really dont care if it takes a few weeks, just as long as the job is good and they dont mess it up and it costs way less, i would not mind!! :) So what did u guys do when people donated, did u also check if engine got messed up after accident?

Yea, after the quote i was like eff this, so i thought about this idea, plus my dad and i are good friends with the director of the automotive engineering dept and Parkland College. 80 BUCKS, thats a frickin rip off for real. I was thinking about doing this myself but i dont have the time, tools, or that much knowledge to do it. If the college can fix the scratches, the front fender, the bumper, the foam cusion behind the bumper, and check to see if anything mechanically got damaged, for 1000 or less, i am willing to wait a few weeks

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Archived