Second Skin Audio

what I do for direct connect subs.

Crump

There is gonna be such an insignificant difference between all these methods that I challenge someone to notice the true output difference between the ways. 99.99% of the time regardless of airflow, vibrations, etc the connections made will not come loose unless you've just done a piss poor job on it yourself.

I do it exactly the way Ed does, braid the copper wires together very tightly and then apply solder to fill the microscopic voids. I agree with him on the point that there is not other better connection way beyond that method. Use the braiding technique to get the copper on copper first, then the solder will fill those tiny airpockets between the strands.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Hydraulic hex crimp. Copper on copper without the voids.

I truly have never seen one before and I doubt many of us own one of them. But the way you're saying would be the single best if u really wanted to achieve that. Like i said before I challenge someone to notice the performance difference between my way of doing it and using the HHC u mentioned.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I truly have never seen one before and I doubt many of us own one of them. But the way you're saying would be the single best if u really wanted to achieve that. Like i said before I challenge someone to notice the performance difference between my way of doing it and using the HHC u mentioned.

Go try your local electrical wholesaler - mine had a 14 ton pressure one underneath the shelves with all the lugs on it. You could hire it for ~$100 for the week but if you asked nicely (and buy your lugs from them) they let you use it in the shop :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived