where can i find a dual alt. bracket just the bracket

Guest Dave

i have two alternators at the house i would like to figure out where i could get a bracket ive only seen bundles and alt,ext. belt, and the bracket could i do it myself fairly easy or is there some other modification i can do something plz i just need to be able to get two alts. on my truck for a descent price all i need is the bracket

Edited by Dave

call up DC Power potna. what kind of truck is it?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You have a 95 k1500 like i do. I built mine its not really hard to do. Check out my build log in my sig go to page 16. I dont know what 2 alts you have but mine are both CS-144 large case with 2 diff style mounting ears..

If you have a vortec the engine was either swapped or its not a 95. Vortec didnt come out til 96. Your alt should be mounted on the pass side top whereas mine is on the driver side

Edited by 95_100

You have a 95 k1500 like i do. I built mine its not really hard to do. Check out my build log in my sig go to page 16. I dont know what 2 alts you have but mine are both CS-144 large case with 2 diff style mounting ears..

If you have a vortec the engine was either swapped or its not a 95. Vortec didnt come out til 96. Your alt should be mounted on the pass side top whereas mine is on the driver side

ur right its not a vortec it just has all of the vortec features man centerbolt valve covers nice pretty lil whine to it it is a 95 its just the closest to any vortec ive seen thats prolly why they say 94-95 is the sweet spot for the chevy 350 trucks i have the small frame alts i just call it a vortec its easily mistakable for a vortec but the only difference between the small frame and large frame alts is just a few bolts

ur right its not a vortec it just has all of the vortec features man centerbolt valve covers nice pretty lil whine to it it is a 95 its just the closest to any vortec ive seen thats prolly why they say 94-95 is the sweet spot for the chevy 350 trucks i have the small frame alts i just call it a vortec its easily mistakable for a vortec but the only difference between the small frame and large frame alts is just a few bolts

Alright gotcha... Well if your alt is on the driver side then it shouldnt be a problem to copy mine to fit your alts. Mostly the way its mounted to the stock alt mount. Youll obviously have to design the bracket to fit your small case alts.

Alright gotcha... Well if your alt is on the driver side then it shouldnt be a problem to copy mine to fit your alts. Mostly the way its mounted to the stock alt mount. Youll obviously have to design the bracket to fit your small case alts.

like i said the only difference between the two is longer or shorter bolts. thats all i had to do to my buddies 94 and they are they same under the hood when i changed the standard small frame

Edited by Dave