Sonic Electronix

2 btl 18" in a blow through in a '99 silverado

for one thing this kid does not need 18's 15s have better response better all around range. and i just looked to see if fi has a site the fs is 31.3 thats worse than my 12's fi seems like a one not wonder sub now to me an 18 with an fs that high holy shit no wonder it picks upo mid bass lms ultra 18 fs is around 20hz and the box specs are tuning freq. 24 im sure the fi is way higher than that .

i would like to actually hear some fi 18s ive only heard their 15 bls sorryb i said 39 hz earlier i mis read it but still that high

everyone give it up for super noob

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

alright well i know what i know and im going to stick with what i know so im not going to argue in this forum this kid just wanted saome advice i know whats right and wqrong and obviously ya dont see what im tryin to get to so im done cant say nothin cuz every1 knows everything this is the most pointless fuckin shit ever

for one thing this kid does not need 18's 15s have better response better all around range.

Ok. The frequency response of a sub has nothing to do with its size (ok gross generalisation, of course it does...). It has a slight difference within a model, for example a 15" BTL will respond slightly differently to a 18" BTL but firstly the difference will be barely audible and secondly it's nothing that isn't HUGELY outweighed by the combination of the box and environment. 18's do not play lower/less/whatever than 15's/12's/10's, this is a myth. Please don't post it like it's a fact

and i just looked to see if fi has a site the fs is 31.3 thats worse than my 12's

How is it 'worse'? A high Fs is not a bad thing. It's just a fact of the sub. In fact all it represents is the point at which induction is highest for the sub in a free space situation

It's a product of many different properties of the sub. Yes a sub with a low Fs might be a better low-end monster but that doesn't mean it won't/can't play high frequencies nor does it mean a sub with a higher Fs won't play lows well, especially when coupled with a suitable enclosure

fi seems like a one not wonder sub now to me an 18 with an fs that high holy shit

I'm not really sure how you came to that conclusion. A high Fs doesn't make a 1-note wonder - The DD9515 for example has a relatively high Fs but is one of the best sounding high-power subs around. Very low moving mass = high Fs but also = very accurate bass reproduction...

no wonder it picks upo mid bass

Mid-bass is what your fronts do? Like 100hz up... so no sub should be playing it...

lms ultra 18 fs is around 20hz and the box specs are tuning freq. 24 im sure the fi is way higher than that .

As per above. Fs is not the be all and end all of sub specs, like any other parameter... sensitivity, power handling, xmax... it's just a number. It doesn't always translate to the same thing...

So yeah... sorry for ripping into you so badly but it just REALLY grinds my gears when people go spouting hearsay as if it's fact.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

So yeah... sorry for ripping into you so badly but it just REALLY grinds my gears when people go spouting hearsay as if it's fact.

i know man mid bass is up there but most people think mid bass is aroun 45 thru 80 and i never said it was a fact man read closer it looks like its possibly this or that whatecer i never said ne thing bout being a fact man i see things differentl;y than what yall are seein we are prolly on the same level but i see things differently and i only compared tyhe fs to othewr strictly spl subs and all oh them have high fs i beleive that iot is the qts qs somethin q that shows the musical range i never looked at it well i i want is for yall to just say i disagree or give me info on it goddamn not everyone know everything and not everyones right. im noit sayin ur right or wrong or vice verasa wonder why i get irritated is yall just fuckin attack like a pack of fuckin dogs the thiele small parameters just show mechanical limits with the guivun factory specs u can change what ever u like but u nay have to use more or less power

i never said it was a fact man read closer it looks like its possibly this or that whatecer i never said ne thing bout being a fact
for one thing this kid does not need 18's 15s have better response better all around range.

That second line, the way you say it is like you're stating a fact. There's no 'my opinion is' or 'In my experience' or anything. That's what pisses me off :( Gotta word stuff carefully when it's just an opinion ;)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

That second line, the way you say it is like you're stating a fact. There's no 'my opinion is' or 'In my experience' or anything. That's what pisses me off :( Gotta word stuff carefully when it's just an opinion ;)

well ifigured they wouldbe better for higher bass smaller speaker makes sense to me i figured it could move faster easier less area to push. thats not a fact? when u have to of the same series subs one an 18 and ones a 15 it would just make sense to me that a 15 would be better for the listening experience

I dont know but maybe a 18 in an smaller enclosure with tuning a bit higher you can get the results you're wanting..dont have to a 15 and same as if you tune low on a 15 in a bigger rec. box you get good lows too.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

I dont know but maybe a 18 in an smaller enclosure with tuning a bit higher you can get the results you're wanting..dont have to a 15 and same as if you tune low on a 15 in a bigger rec. box you get good lows too.

well yea but ya see what im getting at right im talking recommended enclosures those

hey are im not a nissan freak i saw ur post earlier but i do like nissan tough as vehicle im more of a chevy lover

Archived