Sundown Audio

what amp do you think is better????

swat281

I must have missed this amp when he asked which of the 2 were better, come on man he asked which of the 2 were better... Not opinions on similar power range amps.

To the OP - Either amp for $200 is a good deal as long they are in working order. Each one will do rated power and are very well built. I see u mentioned he got the JL for $200, I'd be very weary that it's stolen for that price.

agree on the stolen part. sorry guys im just not a big fan of jl. just payin for the name in my opinion price isnt bad though

all i have to say is jl's are way overrated and over priced but for 200 and pending on condition it might be worth it. if the 1000 means the wattage rms oh yea its worth it. im not to familiar with the models of jls

youl prolly dspend almost a grand on a 1000 watt amp from jl. i believe memphis would be more reliable

one your full of shit they do rated power and a little, and yeaq thety are overpriced next to "internet brands" but they are in line with the other amps that are aimed at what the JL does.

and amp that does the same wattage and 4 2 or 1 is awesome imo and the fact that JL hasnt had to really change that amp in years is a testiment to what the amp can do.

id take the JL over the memphis all day long

ive seen 10 memphis amps die per every one JL unit so your memphis is more reliable argument is bogus also

one your full of shit they do rated power and a little, and yeaq thety are overpriced next to "internet brands" but they are in line with the other amps that are aimed at what the JL does.

and amp that does the same wattage and 4 2 or 1 is awesome imo and the fact that JL hasnt had to really change that amp in years is a testiment to what the amp can do.

id take the JL over the memphis all day long

ive seen 10 memphis amps die per every one JL unit so your memphis is more reliable argument is bogus also

its true that J/L is a beast..lol

all i have to say is jl's are way overrated and over priced but for 200 and pending on condition it might be worth it. if the 1000 means the wattage rms oh yea its worth it. im not to familiar with the models of jls

youl prolly dspend almost a grand on a 1000 watt amp from jl. i believe memphis would be more reliable

You my friend are an idiot for this entire post. The JLs do rated power... A working $200 1000/1 is an insane price, brand new they are $700+(hence why i thought it might be stolen)... They are extremely reliable amps, so if u can state how the memphis will be more reliable please do so.

Please actually think before you make a post like this, really makes you just look dumb. Just because u think JL is overpriced doesn't mean it isn't very high quality product, which JL actually is.

To the OP - I can almost guarantee you that you'll see very little if any gain by switching amps. That Memphis amp is extremely well built and does rated power, possibly a lil more. The only place u may see a small gain would be in efficiency, since the Memphis is known to be a little power hungry. But at 1000w you will have very little problems will voltage drops either way. Personally I'd keep the amp you have, buy the 1000/1 and re-sell it to make a good profit.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

well because i wanted more opinions??

I wasn't trying to be a dick, was trying to joke around, but if you have the extra cash, buy the JL amp off him and try it out, if you like and think the memphis was working better for you, keep it and flip the JL amp

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz