uhoh_45 Posted November 4, 2009 Report Posted November 4, 2009 so i recently got my 4 Elemental Designs EHQS8's back from my buddy they are in a shitty sealed box and i've decided i wanted to use them in my room what do you guys suggest i do with them i have a bit of room to work with so i was thinking somthing along the lines of a 4rth order under my bed here are the specs for the sub(s) im just looking for some impute on box designs R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
aznboi3644 Posted November 4, 2009 Report Posted November 4, 2009 Those bottom out pretty easily. 50 watts per sub is fine. They work better as midbass. Not really a true subwoofer. Would work fine if you are bass with a low end shelf of 40Hz
uhoh_45 Posted November 4, 2009 Author Report Posted November 4, 2009 really thats shitty looks like i'll have to use my 9515 R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
SPANKYSPL Posted November 5, 2009 Report Posted November 5, 2009 I use these subwoofers in my vehicle right now running off of a JL Audio G1300 (Rated Power 14.4 = 300 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm) and love these $5.00 woofers to pieces. They are in a 2cu ft box with a 32sq" port x 21" deep. I admit at the tail end of my 45 minute commute the smell of voicecoil fills the cabin of the Explorer, but being that I have run this setup for 8 months without 1 failure (I have 10 more of the subs on hand) I whole heartedly disagree with the post AZNBOI made. My RE, ZAPCO, PPI flat piston and JL woofers are all hating on these cheap little freaks. The box was initially used for my TREO TSi subs, just so happened after I roasted those I bought a dozen EHQS8 and the rest is history. USE THEM
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.