Sonic Electronix

imp of the coils will never go up as you break it in, if anything it will drop as it breaks in. Double check your DMM by touching the leads together.

i understand that but my amp did not go into protect before and it is now. same size sub, same impedance sub, same box, same amp, same amp settings. I know the subs are two completely different animals but I never through my BTL on this amp when it wasnt broken in.

your misunderstanding what is being said. the coils will always be at .6 on his meter. but the impedence changes as the sub moves. with the sub not being broke in, it is not moving very much. with a broke in sub the susp is much looser allowing the cone to move more. if you dont believe me hook up your dmm to a sub and get the reading. then push on the sub and see what happens.

I'm going to check all of the coil today and keep this thread informed.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

I believe Kian on our team did. But we kept getting different readings each time we tried it. it was really weird. but he said i have a very low rise. i forget exactly what he said because it was a good 2-3 BBq's ago.

Yea that was weird.

All coils bounce back and forth from .5 to .6... :(

That is very low, But the lower the frequency you play, the lower imp rise will be. Also, i have have clipped the shit out of my old BTL, and the Ohm's never changed to the day it blew, i also use Dual 1 Ohm. Are both coils reading the same on that sub?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

just break it in by hand some more

iirc the protection circuit is at .6ohms but u can roll up burp down to .25ohm

have u noticed the amp goes into protect around ur tune frequency?

im tuned between 32-33 and its not shutting down there... I can play for a while then it will pop. other time it was instantly do it as soon as a note hits.. im using a lot of your songs to test this thing too btw haha

Yea that was weird.

That is very low, But the lower the frequency you play, the lower imp rise will be. Also, i have have clipped the shit out of my old BTL, and the Ohm's never changed to the day it blew, i also use Dual 1 Ohm. Are both coils reading the same on that sub?

yea. I have tested all of my coils even on the other sub and they all bounce between .5-.6

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!