Sundown Audio

Is this something to be worried about??

Doylerules826

Ok I have I had this amp running and it started smoking, Immediately I turned it off, took it out opened it up and this is what I saw

DSCN3875.jpg

DSCN3878.jpg

I tested it today and it did power up however I didnt test if it had sound, But can some one explain me to what exactly that thing is/does and if I would be ok using the amp with it damaged and/or if it replaceable.

thanks

2000 chevy blazer

Avic n1

I have a bit of an idea, but I dont want to throw out any false info, probably Boon or another one of the Amp Guru's will chime in soon.

Edit: Also what amp is it?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Shit, that thing's well toasted. I'm having a hard time believing it still turns on! FETs must have just blown themselves out of the circuit completely, normally they go short-circuit when they die.

In fact, what, does it REALLY still turn on? The gate resistors are all smoked to hell so the drive circuit is probably fucked and the 494IC is probably freaking out. In fact I can see from the pic that your gate drive transistors are smoked, probably some of the resistors too.

Probably not a super hard fix for an amp tech as long as the traces are OK and depending on the reason that it blew up... if the power supply blew because the outputs blew as well then you may as well chuck it in the bin.

Seriously... it still turns on? Holy shit O____O

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Shit, that thing's well toasted. I'm having a hard time believing it still turns on! FETs must have just blown themselves out of the circuit completely, normally they go short-circuit when they die.

In fact, what, does it REALLY still turn on? The gate resistors are all smoked to hell so the drive circuit is probably fucked and the 494IC is probably freaking out. In fact I can see from the pic that your gate drive transistors are smoked, probably some of the resistors too.

Probably not a super hard fix for an amp tech as long as the traces are OK and depending on the reason that it blew up... if the power supply blew because the outputs blew as well then you may as well chuck it in the bin.

Seriously... it still turns on? Holy shit O____O

:rofl: IDK why, but that face is funny. But I'm thinking the same thing.

We need vids for proof.

And I doubt the traces are ok. I've seen less damage then that where it couldn't be repaired because the traces were gone.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Archived