Second Skin Audio

looking for enclosure ideas for four 18''s

i dont know if this is the right spot for this but im looking to do a big build when i get out of boot camp. I just want to get a full idea of what im doing before im looking at all the stuff. I want to build a ported box for four 18''s and want to know what the different styles are and opotions i could go with. the car is a 99 ml320 mercedes benz suv. {dont want to do a wall} any advise would be great thanks. O ya the subs are RE MTs.

If you wanna put 4 18s in that vehicle then you're gonna have to take out the back seats anyways. The cargo area is not very big to begin with, it would be a tight fit to do 2 15s in proper airspace in the back.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

If you wanna put 4 18s in that vehicle then you're gonna have to take out the back seats anyways. The cargo area is not very big to begin with, it would be a tight fit to do 2 15s in proper airspace in the back.

o ya i planned on it, im going all the way.

o ya i planned on it, im going all the way.

all the way huh? so you have an HO alt picked out? what batteries are you going with? how many runs of power and ground? what size wire? are you ok with the subs tearing apart your car? cause they will break stuff.

not trying to badger you, just want to make sure you know about the electrical side. since you only have 15 posts i just assume your relatively new to car audio.

when it comes to a setup like this, its not so much about what type of box. its more about what can fit. ill guess you wont have much other choice than to go subs up, port up. use a lot of bracing. use a few pieces all thread. id go more into it but its late and im tired.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

all the way huh? so you have an HO alt picked out? what batteries are you going with? how many runs of power and ground? what size wire? are you ok with the subs tearing apart your car? cause they will break stuff.

not trying to badger you, just want to make sure you know about the electrical side. since you only have 15 posts i just assume your relatively new to car audio.

when it comes to a setup like this, its not so much about what type of box. its more about what can fit. ill guess you wont have much other choice than to go subs up, port up. use a lot of bracing. use a few pieces all thread. id go more into it but its late and im tired.

looks to me u let him have it in a nice kinda way lol....... Welcome to Fun Land bro.

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

"all the way huh? so you have an HO alt picked out? what batteries are you going with? how many runs of power and ground? what size wire? are you ok with the subs tearing apart your car? cause they will break stuff.

when it comes to a setup like this, its not so much about what type of box. its more about what can fit. ill guess you wont have much other choice than to go subs up, port up. use a lot of bracing. use a few pieces all thread. id go more into it but its late and im tired."

I will say no, but i do know that yes i need all of these things multiple batteries, and multiple alts. ya subs up but i was thinking port to hatch? and ya i know it will kill my car. but truth be told the car is already going. im going to brace the hell out of it, but u see this is the type of feed back i want. All those are still unanswered questions. and buy the way post mean nothing, only that u have been on the forum for some time. and ya i would say im new to car audio im only on my 3rd system and i have a lot to learn about going big. But if u are willing share some wisdom with me. thats why im on here. looking for those guys that have years under there belts for advise.

Have you ever done a build up of this size before?? Do u already have the the MTs?? and what is your total budget??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

O and dee, this is fun. thats why its a hoppie. im not in here to be ignorant im here to learn.

yup thats the way u gotta take it, sum guys give u a hard time, and some give u knowledge !!!!!!!!!!!!!! either way its all good just dont let em get under ur skin.....

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!