Sonic Electronix

I have a problem. Today I spent around 3hours putting in my friends system into his 06' grand prix. It consists of 2 12" L5's & an MTX 502 2-channel amp. I ran all the wires just they way I've done countless times over the years & everything turned on just the way it should. His car has a factory integrated amp system so I had to use a line-output converter attached to the rear 6x9's for a signal. We turned everything on & the subs move about 1 inch each & seem to be getting the power they should. The problem is that the factory 6x9's are louder than the subs!!! The subs look like they are moving nice but are VERY quiet! Any suggestions would be so appreciated as I'm getting paid to do this job! :unsure::unsure:

Edited by Chris

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I forgot to add that I tried connecting 2 different line-output converters & they do the same thing. The subs look like they would be bangin, but aren't loud at ALL. I've adjusted gains & frequencies & settings & I'm almost thinking it's the car's acoustics. We even tried turning the subs forwards & backwards but no luck. What could be the issue!? :huh:

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

the factory amp is high passing the 6x9's.

You are not getting any bass freq.

You need to mag the tag low level before the amp.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

the factory amp is high passing the 6x9's.

You are not getting any bass freq.

You need to mag the tag low level before the amp.

But the 6x9's have huge bass compared to the subs & thats where I'm getting the input signal from. What do you mean "Mag the Tag?"

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

make the tag

sorry.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I'm still kind of confused actually. Are you saying I need to splice into the factory radio's speaker outputs before they enter the integrated amp?

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

i had a problem similar in a 91 bronco 2. the highs overpowered the sub. turns out you had to turn the bass all the way up on the H.U. for it to really slam but it put all the bass into the highs also. so without some bass blocker things it was pointless...zero bass on the H.u. barely moved the sub

other than that i dunno

For me it's wierd cuz the subs move A LOT, but they just don't have that power I'm used to.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Is it bose??

wired out of phase?????????????

Edited by Ray