Opinions on designing active 2 way front stage

My idea right now is to run 4 Zaph Audio ZA14W08, along with 2 Vifa DQ25SC16-04 per front door. They would be ran active and with a crossover point around 2.5khz

I would be running these in a "IB" configuration. I was told not to run them in sealed pods because it will greatly reduce the output, and would give it a much higher roll off on the low end.

I choice these drivers because a friend of mine built a set of monitors for himself with these drivers and I was blown away once I heard what the prices on the drivers where.

Another reason I choice these drivers is because once again I am a college student and don't have a huge source of income at the time. I set a budget of $400 for the components, and this set-up I have in mind falls just short of that.

The reason for so many drivers is I want some thing that sound great with proper imaging, but also can get loud enough to hear what song I am playing when I crack my bass up.

Now my questions are:

For what I am looking to do, do you guys have any suggestions? whether it be to go with different drivers, or just little tips and tricks.

Also for tweeters placement I know your supposed to run the tweeters as close as you can to your other drivers to reduce the amount of phase caused by the delayed signals. But I have the ability to time delay my tweeters separately from my mids. So would it be a good idea to place the tweeters higher on the door, to attempt to "raise" my sound stage and correct the distance issue with delays?

Thanks for you time

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Also for tweeters placement I know your supposed to run the tweeters as close as you can to your other drivers to reduce the amount of phase caused by the delayed signals. But I have the ability to time delay my tweeters separately from my mids. So would it be a good idea to place the tweeters higher on the door, to attempt to "raise" my sound stage and correct the distance issue with delays?

Thanks for you time

As far as the drivers go, I haven't hear of those particular brands, but that doesn't mean they aren't good, only that i live in an underdeveloped area of the country! ;) (hmmm... ever think about ripping apart a couple of Yamaha NS-10s and tossing those in your car? ;))

As far as the tweet placement, as you know, highs are directional. Doing something like you're suggesting with time delay sounds cool, yet more expensive than need be. Aside from the idea of a time delay, you could always make sure that you have an adjustable tweeter pod that will let you angle the tweets up toward your head a bit more than having a 2 foot gap in between either speaker(which would also look goofy IMO)

These are just some thoughts!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

The woofer is 8ohms and tweeter is 4 ohms. Does that matter much? I've never really understood how impedance works with two speakers and a crossover to get a final impedance. Maybe you could explain a little? Sorry to thread jack, it's sort of related...

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D