Experimental design help

I have heard and understand that if you're going to be mis-matching sizes, its good to skip over a size, but does anyone have any experience with mis-matching box styles? I don't know if it could work or not, but i'm getting ready to toss 4 memphis M3 10's in my ride(sealed) and was considering the idea of tossing a MOJO 15 in a ported box with the 4 10's. I'll be running 2000 rms to the mojo and about 2200 rms to the 4 10's. Is this going to any phase cancellation or any other weird problems? Has anyone ever heard of a sealed/ported mix? Or tried it yourself? Or would it be better to seal up the 15 and port the 10s? :unknw: I would like to go for SQl which is why I was thinking seal the 10's for the good tight hits and the port on the 15 for the boom. This is all going to be going into an '06 scion toaster, so there's plenty o' room. Let me know what ya think!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

DO NOT MIX AND MATCH DIFFERENT SIZE WOOFERS, especially doing so with different model lines and different enclosures also. If you're going with around 4000 watts then just run 2 15" Mojos or 8 12" M3s. You will be just wasting money by mixing and matching subs like this.

With the 4000 watts you're planning on running, what kind of electrical do u have to back it up??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

That has yet to be upgraded, but will all be done at once. I already have 1/0 running through the rig... Gonna beef up the alt... Two kinetic 1400's... maybe i'll just go with 6 10's on this. I havent completely measured the whole area, but i definitely want to leave some room for a nice amp rack who knows where. But the spare tire/storage space area is going goodbye, and so is the back seat

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

ok i got to ask since i heard this way more then just once.... don't mix sub sizes.... ok what about like meade where hes running his 4 18's and running 8's in the doors? i mean i don't know for sure here so ya thats why i'm bringing it up. but isn't that like this guy runnning say a 10 in each of his doors? and a 15 in the back? given this is prolly know how its set up but you know what i'm trying to say? cuz well my most recent idea of my own for my jeep was a 10 in each door (4 doors) ( if the doors have enough ft^3 for the 10) or 8's in each door plus having 2 15's in the back where i have JUST enough room for 3ft^3 after port and displacement.

sorry if this is kinda like a thread jack

Jon

What's your budget for amp(s)/sub(s)??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

What's your budget for amp(s)/sub(s)??

well, I'm not sure what the prices are going to be... I just got a local shop sponsorship and they told me to start thinking about what I wanted to get going in my rig. It's going to be a memphis sponsorship(if you couldn't tell). I've already got a dingle m3 10d4 running at 2 ohms on an mclass 1100.1 because they were ordering me in a second d4 to match when they started talking about sponsorship, and was informed two days before they took off to SEMA that they were going to give it to me. I'm just trying to come up with ideas around my existing 10s that I already have(one in my car, one at the shop), get my sponsored pricing, and start building in january.

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

well, I'm not sure what the prices are going to be... I just got a local shop sponsorship and they told me to start thinking about what I wanted to get going in my rig. It's going to be a memphis sponsorship(if you couldn't tell). I've already got a dingle m3 10d4 running at 2 ohms on an mclass 1100.1 because they were ordering me in a second d4 to match when they started talking about sponsorship, and was informed two days before they took off to SEMA that they were going to give it to me. I'm just trying to come up with ideas around my existing 10s that I already have(one in my car, one at the shop), get my sponsored pricing, and start building in january.

So why exactly did Memphis give you a sponsorship?? Because you bout a single 10" M3 or am I missing something else. It's usually associated with sum previous competition experience(being successful also, not just attending), doing a badass install with their products first(before they gave u any deals) and/or spending a hell of alot of $$ on their products. Car audio companies, particularly larger ones don't just hand out sponsorships especially in the current economic state. Not calling you a liar just curious as to how you got Memphis to sponsor you.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

As i stated before in the previous post, its a local shop sponsorship using memphis gear... Memphis apparently does this with the shop allowing one car per year to get the gear cheap to advertise in the area, but likes you to go crazy with the install, as opposed to getting a couple MC 8's and a sc 1.500. All i know is its through the shop, not direct memphis, but I am wanting to use this to work up through the sponsorship ranks, and if the shop want to do this, then by all means!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

So are you doing the install or is the shop?? Did u have a history of big previous systems through the shop or even locally in your town?? Still trying to figure out why the shop picked your vehicle over I'm sure plenty of other cars/installs they've done. Again I'm not trying to be a dick, just very curious about how this works. I've been through the process before and I understand how it all works, just seeing how they're/you're doing this.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

So are you doing the install or is the shop?? Did u have a history of big previous systems through the shop or even locally in your town?? Still trying to figure out why the shop picked your vehicle over I'm sure plenty of other cars/installs they've done. Again I'm not trying to be a dick, just very curious about how this works. I've been through the process before and I understand how it all works, just seeing how they're/you're doing this.

For me, I've just moved to this area within the last 5 months. I went into the shop initially for a job, and eneded up talking with the guys a bit. Kept going in, ended up buying a few things, and asked them about how they do sponsorships in their store. They had actually told me that someone else was supposed to be getting the sponsorship, but was only going to do it for the low end, and to keep up with their deal through memphis, they need to do enough equipment for a full system. They had already heard my mids and highs during install and said (initially) "if you're interested, we could get you going on the mids and highs whiloe we bump up this other guys lows, and just order it all together." I said that I would love to get that taken care of. A few weeks later, they called me and told me that the initial sponsored car owner was not responding back, and if I wanted to beef up my system, then it was mine. So now, (and I've read this on other posts) I will be paying for the equpiment still, just at cost, and the shop is getting a price drop on their cost to purchase it at, so I can get it way cheaper, and the shop can still make a profit on their sale... I will be (hopefully) working along side the shop on this install. I have never done anything this big before, and I'm trying to get involved in the 12v world more than ever. Thats my story. I understand that you're not trying to be a "dick", and honestly, all I can really tell you, is that this is what I know about the shop and what they're able to do with some of their product. When they get back from SEMA this next week, i'll have a bit more info on how things work, because they will be chatting with their rep on the matter, getting more info for themselves on the matter, and hopefully they aren't hammered off of all the cheap L.V. booze, going from booth to booth. All I'm trying to do right now is to come up with the ideas to do to the car, like the asked me to! If you would like to help come up with some sweet ideas for a scion xb, i would greatly appreciate it!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400