Second Skin Audio

Regular Damplifier - Now with black foil - 15% off

Give me a call

I'll take care of you.

623-533-8193

ANT

Awesome. I'll have to call either tomorrow or Friday. Most likely tomorrow.

Thanks for having awesome products!

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Well, I got my order about 10 minutes ago, and this being the first time i've ordered from second skin, didn't know what to expect, and when I opened it up, the ends were all melted together and would tear as I tried to separate the sheets. Is this how it comes? I have to razor it all to get them apart from each other. Did I get a bad batch, or is this common?

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

Well, I got my order about 10 minutes ago, and this being the first time i've ordered from second skin, didn't know what to expect, and when I opened it up, the ends were all melted together and would tear as I tried to separate the sheets. Is this how it comes? I have to razor it all to get them apart from each other. Did I get a bad batch, or is this common?

Yup.

The melting is called cold flow

That happens on the extruder line when the butyl is heated to 400 degrees and squeezed out in liquid form on to the foil. The sheets get stacked on top of one another and cool down that way. The edges get a slight amount of cold run on them and they ends get capped in butyl.

Once the butyl cures, it is good to go. You can't add enough heat to reliquify the butyl. Too much heat will eventurally deteriorate the butyl, but butyl is not like asphalt. It is crosslinked which means that can not flow with heat. The flow you are seeing happendd while the product was in its production stage.

Hope that helps!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

Well, I spent until about 2 in the morning putting my car back together... who wants to wait until the morning for car audio!!! Sounds great... I had only picked up 40 sq ft to do the back end of my toaster(xb) and its killer... Now I'm hearing vibes up front now that I hadn't heard yet, but thats ok, because I'll be tearing everything out again in februry to put another 80 sq ft throughout the rest of the ride for my beast of a system going in then!!! Thanks Ant! Keep us updated on new specials!

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

Well, I spent until about 2 in the morning putting my car back together... who wants to wait until the morning for car audio!!! Sounds great... I had only picked up 40 sq ft to do the back end of my toaster(xb) and its killer... Now I'm hearing vibes up front now that I hadn't heard yet, but thats ok, because I'll be tearing everything out again in februry to put another 80 sq ft throughout the rest of the ride for my beast of a system going in then!!! Thanks Ant! Keep us updated on new specials!

Woot!!

Glad you like the results!

let me know when you are ready for more, I'll do it up!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

Ant, looks like I won't be able to get the black foil Damplifier. I've been pretty busy. But I do have a question.

How much would I really need? I want to deaden the doors. I know most people cover the entire door panel, but I don't want to order more than necessary. I've read somewhere (but don't know for sure) that I only need to cover then center 50% of the panel to get the desired result. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Hey Ant... could you hook me up with a few decals? I collect decals from manufacturers... got some RF, stinger, kenwood, memphis, and ugh...dynaflat... They usually come in the box whenyou purchase the stuff in, but these just came in a plain box, nuthin fancy. Is that plausible?

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

Ant, looks like I won't be able to get the black foil Damplifier. I've been pretty busy. But I do have a question.

How much would I really need? I want to deaden the doors. I know most people cover the entire door panel, but I don't want to order more than necessary. I've read somewhere (but don't know for sure) that I only need to cover then center 50% of the panel to get the desired result. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

HOw much you use dpends on the product, your system the design of your doors and your goals.

Ther eis no real way to put an exact number on it

25% might be perfect, Maybe 50% or even 100%

It will take some trial end error but most peopl find that 6-10 sq feet per door is where its at.

Hope that helps!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif