Hey guys how are you. Today i want to buy a HDTV. THe only problem is i really dont know what to look for.. I only have 600 to spend. I am not looking for anything huge but something i can hook up with my ps3 and will look great( i also want to get into home theather too). I want to get it at a store like best buy or walmart( Or anything Like a department store) but is there better places to look. because we all know Best Buy and wal mart doesn't have the best car audio selection.I will really appreciate the help

thanks

Johnny

no pun intended. i got my first system there too

Hey guys how are you. Today i want to buy a HDTV. THe only problem is i really dont know what to look for.. I only have 600 to spend. I am not looking for anything huge but something i can hook up with my ps3 and will look great( i also want to get into home theather too). I want to get it at a store like best buy or walmart( Or anything Like a department store) but is there better places to look. because we all know Best Buy and wal mart doesn't have the best car audio selection.I will really appreciate the help

thanks

Johnny

no pun intended. i got my first system there too

I WOULD RECOMMEND APPLYING FOR A BEST BUY CARD AND SEE HOW MUCH CREDIT YOU HAVE, IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH YOU CAN GET BOTH TV AND HOME THEATER SYSTEM, ON THE TV I WOULD RECOMMEND A SAMSUNG PLASMA FOR 700 OR 800 ITS 42" AND HAS GREAT PICTURE QUALITY AND FOR THE PRICE IS GOOD,

i would stay away from walmart, if you check their tv's model numbers against other stores, you will find walmart usually has an extra letter or something at the end signifying that the product was made with different less expensive parts. best buy is a good bet. if you are buying anything under 40" a 720p should be fine as it is hard to tell the difference on a smaller screen. bigger than 40" go for 1080p. most important things to look at are going to be contrast ratio and color. best thing to do is look at a bunch of tv's and pick what looks best to you.

edit: most all ps3 games are only in 720p, so if that is all you are using the tv for......... 1080p is the shit tho.

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

I WOULD RECOMMEND APPLYING FOR A BEST BUY CARD AND SEE HOW MUCH CREDIT YOU HAVE, IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH YOU CAN GET BOTH TV AND HOME THEATER SYSTEM, ON THE TV I WOULD RECOMMEND A SAMSUNG PLASMA FOR 700 OR 800 ITS 42" AND HAS GREAT PICTURE QUALITY AND FOR THE PRICE IS GOOD,

well i just turned 18.. so i have no credit at all.maybe they will give it to me.but idk.

I really dont know how credit card rates work. but i only got 600 dollars

well i just turned 18.. so i have no credit at all.maybe they will give it to me.but idk.

I really dont know how credit card rates work. but i only got 600 dollars

Might as well start somewhere.

and take an economics class! They usually include a week or two on credit. At least mine did.

2008_01_24_caps_lock.jpg

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I have a 1080p vizio and they are pretty cheap, and I have had mine for almost 2 years now *paid 800 for a 42" back when they first came out, they are great TVs not the greatest, but will get the job done

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-37-LCD-TV/ip/10993795

there ya go

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

or even with this, if you can purchase online

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-1080P-Lcd-Dvd...ter/ip/11037434

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

just from my personal experience, my roomate had a 37in vizio and i had a very old 32in westinghouse, and even though his was 4 years newer, mine was obviously clearer (same xbox, same cable, same game, and tv's next to eachother in our dorm), and it had weird stuff happen like each corner was brighter than the rest of the screen, and the colors always looked off no matter how much we messed with it.

i've been playing ps3 on a sony bravia v series recently, and its imho one of the nicest looking screens for the price once you do the little backlight fade update thing (it had a feature that dimmed the backlight on dark scenes, but the option to disable it was forgotten at the factory....) Watching 1080p movies on blue-ray through hdmi was head and shoulders over my 720p westinghouse, it was creepy how lifelike it looks. i've seen them under 1000 bux for a 46 inch, so if you're looking for something in the 32-37 inch range it should be in your pricerange.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

guess its just personal luck with vizio's then because my buddy has one and his is clear as mine, but he has the 32"

Team DC Audio

Archived