What yall think??

I'm thinking of running a stock alt and a 260A HO for my 98 Ford Expedition 4.6L. I'm only running around 5000 Watts RMS from a T40001 and mid/high amp. Think I can get away with only the HO Alt or should I run both. Also if I ran both how should I wire them? I'm pretty good at this whole car audio thing but I've never ran more than 1 alt.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

i would run both if u can... its not hard to run more than one alt.. rather be safe than sorry right?

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

don't know about wiring them both, i'm sure Rob at DC can help. i'd try to dedicate the stock alt to the high/mids amp and use the 260 just for the T4K if possible.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Only 5000 watts? That sounds so funny when you think back when a RF Power 1000 was stupid crazy for power. 5000 watts is a very big system in my book. almost 500 amps worth of current draw. If you have a 260 amp alt that leaves 350 amps or so to be supplied by batteries. Assuming 150 amps or so for the truck and highs.. I would do a stock location battery and a D3400 XS Power in the back. Or a D3100 if you dont mind the extra expense of a larger batt.

let me know if you need some pricing on the XS Power batts.

Hope this helps.

Iraggi.

Archived