• 4 weeks later...

nice work on the install.been putting off adding any deadening to my '05,but after reading your posts.makes me want to get it done.if i could come close to achieving the same gains as you did,and with the other upgrades i want to do.i think i could get alot better #

'05 trailblazer

pioneer h/u

mb quart mids & hi's

4 memhis m class 10's svc ported

massive 800.4 and p1500.1 amps

big 3 upgrade w/1 run of 1/0 to amps

no sound deadning

145.6 at the kick spl

nice work on the install.been putting off adding any deadening to my '05,but after reading your posts.makes me want to get it done.if i could come close to achieving the same gains as you did,and with the other upgrades i want to do.i think i could get alot better #

Thanks man! In all honesty I would never had done it if it wasn't for the braces breaking. I have a LOT more second skin coming and will have more updates and new numbers.

Also, are you on tbssowners.com?

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Thanks man! In all honesty I would never had done it if it wasn't for the braces breaking. I have a LOT more second skin coming and will have more updates and new numbers.

Also, are you on tbssowners.com?

not on tbssowners.com but i'll go check it out. i browse through trailvoy off and on

'05 trailblazer

pioneer h/u

mb quart mids & hi's

4 memhis m class 10's svc ported

massive 800.4 and p1500.1 amps

big 3 upgrade w/1 run of 1/0 to amps

no sound deadning

145.6 at the kick spl

The Second Skin saga continues. Ever since I deadened the roof, I would hear a buzz/rattle from the liftgate at moderate volume. You know what that means!

Took the panels off....

DSCN5875ref1.jpg

And the license plate bracket....

DSCN5876.jpg

I did the back of the liftgate, the back of the liftgate inner skin...

DSCN5879.jpg

And the front side of the inner skin...

DSCN5881.jpg

And buttoned her back up.

DSCN5884.jpg

Road test: While I still have residual noise from the liftgate glass flexxin at full tilt, the mechanical noise from the latch/rods/wiper was totally gone. I can feel it a little more, and gained a tenth or two on the good old ear meter. I'll have TL results in a few weeks.

Total used so far on SWB Trailblazer w/o sunroof:

Roof: 40ft2

Liftgate: 20ft2

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

• 4 weeks later...
I can feel it a little more, and gained a tenth or two on the good old ear meter. I'll have TL results in a few weeks.

Got on the TL this weekend, deadening the liftgate with Damplifier gained .2db sealed up. I wasn't able to get a kick/door open score but I hope to get it before I start working on re-doing the doors with Damplifier Pro.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

• 2 months later...

Todays work.

100_0310.jpg

I used the Damplifier Pro on the outer shell and the regular Damplifier on the inner skin.

100_0309.jpg

100_0317.jpg

Wash Rinse Repeat

100_0318.jpg

100_0319.jpg

Just got back from a road test - these things are solid! I had a nasty rattle in the passenger door, now the only things making noise on the front doors are the mirror covers. Next phase is removing the seats and doing the floor from the firewall to the cargo area. Might be tomorrow, weather pending.

For the trailblazer owners, the deadener totals for BOTH front doors:

outer shell - 13ft2

inner skin - 8ft2

Totals:

Roof - 40ft2

Liftgate, a and b pillars - 20ft2

Front doors - 21ft2

Also should have an updated NSPL score in 2 weeks woohoo 8)

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Todays work.

100_0310.jpg

I used the Damplifier Pro on the outer shell and the regular Damplifier on the inner skin.

100_0309.jpg

100_0317.jpg

Wash Rinse Repeat

100_0318.jpg

100_0319.jpg

Just got back from a road test - these things are solid! I had a nasty rattle in the passenger door, now the only things making noise on the front doors are the mirror covers. Next phase is removing the seats and doing the floor from the firewall to the cargo area. Might be tomorrow, weather pending.

For the trailblazer owners, the deadener totals for BOTH front doors:

outer shell - 13ft2

inner skin - 8ft2

Totals:

Roof - 40ft2

Liftgate, a and b pillars - 20ft2

Front doors - 21ft2

Also should have an updated NSPL score in 2 weeks woohoo 8)

looks great..Good to know on the sq ftage . i still have doors and hatch to do on mine.

Archived