Sundown Audio

Opinions on RF Power 400a4

MrSoundz

i have the 200a4. great amp. when i was first messing with it, i put some dell computer speakers on it and it sounded amazing.

mine hasnt overheated but when i was outputting a good amount of power from it, it would heat up to about 115F on the grey RF symbol on the top. i recommend giving it some breathing space :).

Edited by Kranny

i have the 200a4. great amp. when i was first messing with it, i put some dell computer speakers on it and it sounded amazing.

mine hasnt overheated but when i was outputting a good amount of power from it, it would heat up to about 115F on the grey RF symbol on the top. i recommend giving it some breathing space :).

ANY ROCKFORD FOSGATE OLD SCHOOL AMPS ARE GOING TO BE GREAT.

ROCKFORD FOSGATE IS NOT MADE IN AMERICA ANYMORE THEY ARE MADE IN CHINA SO THE OLD SCHOOL AMPS ARE GOING TO BE JUST AS GOOD OUR BETTER THEN THE NEW AMPS

ALSO ROCKFORD FOSGATE AMPS ARE UN REGULATED POWER SUPPLY AMPS SO WHAT THAT MEANS IS THE MORE VOLTAGE YOU GIVE THE AMP THE MORE POWER ITS GOING TO GIVE YOU..

SO YEA THAT IS A GREAT AMP AND HAS WAY MORE POWER THEN 400 WATTS TRUST ME

I HAVE HAD ROCKFORD AMPS ALL MY LIFE AND LOVE THEM AND YOU WILL TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Eclipse AVN 6620 Blue tooth ,Ipod adapter,Eclipse 21000,Focal 165krx2(Just got),Focal 165v2,Q Logic Kick Panels, JL Audio 300/4,JL Audio 300/2,JL Audio 500/1,2 12w6 AE ,JL Audio 2 12inch H.O box,Kinetic HC800,2 Runs 0 gauge and a lot of dynamate And a lot more to come...........

I love the 'handmade in America' on the old Rockfords... open them up and it's all surface mount, obviously done by part-placement robots and reflow ovens... SO handbuilt right?

Yes, for the most part the amps are handmade. Of course the PC boards have a ton of surface mount parts that are placed by machines. The rest of the assembly process is done by hand. Back in the day when all of the parts of the amps were handmade, there was soo much more room for error. The quality checks and performance requirements were far more lenient in the past than they are now days. I have quite a few of the DSM and IX amps of the past myself and really like them. But the newer amps are so much more efficent and reliable. Just my two cents worth......

2011 Outlander SE 2.4L AWD - Bone stock....for now....sort of. 5% tint all around, 50% tint on the windshield, clear bra. In addition to the OEM premium upgraded RF system, 2014 prototype RF/Mitsubishi mids & tweets, (1)Rockford Fosgate R750-1D powering up (2)Rockford Fosgate R2SD2-12's in a sealed enclosure.

ROCKFORD FOSGATE IS NOT MADE IN AMERICA ANYMORE THEY ARE MADE IN CHINA SO THE OLD SCHOOL AMPS ARE GOING TO BE JUST AS GOOD OUR BETTER THEN THE NEW AMPS

ALSO ROCKFORD FOSGATE AMPS ARE UN REGULATED POWER SUPPLY AMPS SO WHAT THAT MEANS IS THE MORE VOLTAGE YOU GIVE THE AMP THE MORE POWER ITS GOING TO GIVE YOU..

I HAVE HAD ROCKFORD AMPS ALL MY LIFE AND LOVE THEM AND YOU WILL TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

15may27-caps-lock.jpg

• 1 year later...

15may27-caps-lock.jpg

I am finally going to put them in my truck after 1 1/2 of research.