Need Loud Mids And Highs

i have 2 18' BTL's and my mb quarts just arent cutting it...i need better and louder mids and highs...want it to be louder and better sq...i dont want to make pods for another set of mids and highs i just want 1 set of them that will get very loud...i want to spend little less than $400

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

I dont see you being able to buy the equivalent of one component set and have it be loud enough to keep up with a pair of BTL's, and keep good SQ. I am running 4-7" Dayton References and 4-1" Audax Tweeters. they could keep up with the BTL's, but they are basically 2 component sets. You could always run Eminence and super tweeters. They will be loud enough, but you will definately find the SQ lacking.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

• 2 weeks later...
eminence ftw!

x1million

Edited by PlateStacker45

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

As above, build your own component set up with some compression drivers, and pro audio eminence 6" or 8" mids- Preferably the 8" mids, somethin like 75-90 Fs with a efficiency in some cases all the way up to 98db, then you also get that power handling of somewhere around 150rms per driver, not pair- MB are not loud speakers, just great sounding speakers

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 1 month later...

I HAVE FOCAL K2P IN THE FRONT AND REAR AND THEY ARE KEEPING UP WITH MY 2 TREO SSX 18 ON 2 ZAPCO 9.0

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 optima yellow top (rear)

1 xs power 5100r (front)

big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build