What are your opinions on this vehicle/engine? Problematic? How long could it last?

I am referring to the 05-07 dodge magnums.

i have a 2004 ram 1500 4x2 SLT... ive had it since brand new, im just about to turn 40,000 miles! my truck has gone in for only two factory warranties.... i had a minor exhuast leak @ the manifold, and my driver side door rubber was tearing. i pull a 7,300LB toy hualler... my front brake pads are @ about 15% and the rears are @ 50%! one suggestion... if you are buying new, you really want to break your engine in correctly!!! when my truck was brand new i HOT RODDED it every where and now i only get about 9-12 MPG! LOL i know guys with the same truck, they get like 16-18 MPG! Overall i love my truck, it has never let me down... RAMALAMA DODGE FTW!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

their trannys get flooded really easily and theyll shit out on you in the middle of the highway. 2 people i know who have that magnum have had their trannys just die on them and the car doesnt move. its based off the old mercedes e class chasis and i know from first hand experience that those cars had alot of problems and at one point kia had a higher reliability rating than mercedes because of that. if i were you id be cautious about older magnums they may have fixed those issues in the newer models

one of my friends has an 05 hemi magnum and the other one is mikes at xtremesound

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211253

that magnum, mike was telling me how it was in the shop because his tranny went out on him in the middle of the highway and he is currently trying to sell that car because of that reason. id be weary of the tranny on those cars cause they can be a pain in the ass.

i have yet to hear anything bad about the 5speed automatics... Like i said i pull 7300LB's up and over the sierras, i do have 3:73 gears though!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

The biggest problem with the 5 speed auto tranny is the driver. What is funny is that 95% of the population has no idea how a tranny works and has no idea what it means to properly care for the tranny...and of course the truck get's the grunt of their stupidity.

But as this subject is about the motor. I won't lie, when the motor first came out it did have manifold and head problems with leaking fuel. Since these problems have been fixed the motor has been pretty reliable, well except for fuel mileage..lol

The 2006 has had the following recalls according to NHTSA

Air Bag - Frontal

Power Train - Transfer Case (4WD)

Seat Belts front

Service Brake

Suspension - front wheel bearing

Nothing on the motor :)

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Well thats good to know.. Seriously thinking about getting one. Gas isn't a deciding factor or else I wouldn't be looking @ getting one..? Just don't want a car that sits in a shop 1/2 the time getting shit fixed.

If your looking for new, here is what I always advise people to do...and I do the same.

Find the vehicle that you want. Literally, have the dealer go through their inventory and find several of the same vehicles with the same features. Test drive every single one of them and get the one that feels best to you. I don't care of every single vehicle is made on the same assembly with the same robots on the same day of the week, every single vehicle is different.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Archived