I read through those threads above and about wet myself laughing at lack of knowledge on them boards. Here was the solution they found.

-------------------------------------

Problem: ESP and BAS lights on

Fix: Replaced the Steering wheel angle sensor. Replaced SAS

Problem: Transmission shudders/vibrates

Fix: ***UNDER TSB 385 WP40***

Replaced filter and o-rings

Replaced o-ring adaptor plug

Replaced filter - transmission oil

Replaced oil - automatic transmission

Replaced hose - 1ft. fuel and vapor

T-Conv Shudder: flushed transmission, replaced filter and tube seal, then road test.

During transmission diagnosis - noticed rear differential leaking fluid. Replaced ALL seal, axle shaft oil as per TSB 385 WP40. Axle seals leaking, R&R Rear Diff & replaced axle seals.

-------------------------------------

The service manager told me the rear axel leak was causing the vibration. He also said they replaced the torque converter? I never found that in any of my paperwork...

regardless of their stupidity, the NAG-1 transmission is the same as the 722.6 transmission on the mercedes e class cars including the older amg models. those transmissions are just known to have problems. you can find many cases of the older E55 AMG models having blown trannys because the tranny couldnt keep up with the massive amount of torque produced by the supercharger. plus the whole computer for the tranny is under the shift gate so if you have drinks in your cup holders then hold onto them really tightly cause if it spills its gone. i sprayed windex on my shift gate fairly lightly so i could clean it up and make it looks nice and the next thing i know im driving the car in 2nd gear to the dealership with a pen jabbed into the gear shifter. its a poorly designed transmission and i dont think dodge shoulda have inherited that transmission from mercedes cause they were fine as it was. you could dump a big gulp into the tranny of an older dodge truck and it would run fine. magnums are fun cars to drive, but if youre planning on getting one then heed the transmission warning

Amalan - Keep in mind that I am not saying they are not problematic, I am posting up findings on actual information from nonbiased sources to help him make up his mind. When I see sources like NHTSA and other safety organizations have nothing posted on the issue it makes me question what is really happening. Here is another resource with valuable recall information

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2007/dodge/magnum/recalls/

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 06V341000 - Hide Details

Recall Date: 09/07/2006

Component: 2007 DODGE MAGNUM POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Potential Units Affected: 2333

2007 DODGE MAGNUM POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Recall Date: 09/07/2006

Summary:

ON CERTAIN PASSENGER AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES AND PICKUP TRUCKS EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE CAN CAUSE A MOMENTARY LOCK UP OF THE DRIVE WHEELS IF THE VEHICLE IS TRAVELING OVER 40 MPH AND THE OPERATOR SHIFTS FROM DRIVE TO NEUTRAL AND BACK TO DRIVE.

Consequence:

IF THE DRIVE WHEELS LOCKED UP, LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL COULD OCCUR INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON OCTOBER 2, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Potential Units Affected: 2333

Notes: DODGE MAGNUM F43

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 06V493000 - Hide Details

Recall Date: 12/29/2006

Component: 2007 DODGE MAGNUM SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK:CONTROL UNIT/MODULE

Potential Units Affected: 50665

2007 DODGE MAGNUM SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK:CONTROL UNIT/MODULE

Recall Date: 12/29/2006

Summary:

ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE MAY CAUSE THE REAR BRAKES TO LOCK UP DURING CERTAIN BRAKING CONDITIONS.

Consequence:

THIS COULD RESULT IN A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE ABS ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT. THE RECALL BEGAN ON FEBRUARY 19, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Potential Units Affected: 50665

Notes: DODGE MAGNUM F50

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Magnum/2005/

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Thanks for all the info.

your only choices should be... what color to choose! LOL but yeah, take my boy kevs advice and test drive them all! FTW

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Archived