Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

type R 15s (need more help)


Jared420

Recommended Posts

Posted
If you were to build a new enclosure right now you'd see a drastic difference in output... The box you build is wayy to small for the little power you're running. If you were to build something like 8.5ft3 @ 34hz w/ 100-120in^2 of port. The box you currently have is very inefficient and building a much larger one(like i mentioned) you should see a very big difference.

haha yea my box for my 1 12 is 2.4 cubes you need alot bigger a box

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Posted
haha yea my box for my 1 12 is 2.4 cubes you need alot bigger a box

Well maybe a much bigger box is a better place for me to start after this box I just made I am pretty confident I can build a decent box. I should probably do the big 3 as well .

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Posted
Well maybe a much bigger box is a better place for me to start after this box I just made I am pretty confident I can build a decent box. I should probably do the big 3 as well .

yea definately do the big 3

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Posted
Optima Yellow tops don't stack up against even a Kinetik 2400 much at all, let alone an XS 3100 or Northstar NSB-125. To save a little money I'd suggest just throwing the yellow top under hood and then one of the other 2 big batts i mentioned. Electrical system is not something that you wanna skimp on. It's pointless to spend money on subs + amps if you don't have the electrical to run the amps properly. If you aren't gonna have the proper electrical setup then just stick with your 1200D until you have the money to do so.

yea i guess i just need to be a little less impulsive Im an instant gratification kinda person i want it and i want it now but i guess when it comes to this stuff I just gotta wait. My boat and Snowmobile should be paid off by this time next year so Ill have that extra loot kickin around. A year and a half seems like a long ass time to wait for this build But i guess for this summer it will be out with the backseat and In with a big ass box and big 3. I just have to hope a bigger box will make a big difference, I guess it should since my box is a crazy ass shape now and one sub is on the front and one is on the top and I only have about 42^2 inches of port.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 450 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...