DNASTY01 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 As some of you may know that I have a wall in my blazer with 4 12 w6's. It sounds very nice and hits decent on the TL. Well I want more and i'm going bigger. I'm selling the blazer in the beginning of the year and my bagged s-10 should be finished getting re-bagged by the end of January or so. FYI this is going to be a very long build and I'm hoping to have all the sound in by Scrapin the coast next year ( June 23, 2010) SO i will be buying these things as I get the money. Probably one item per pay check. Well I need to put sound in it and I might as well go big or go home. SoundMatt and I have been talking about what I should put in there. SO I decided on this. I don't want anything that doesn't cost me and arm and a leg but cost just a arm. This is what I decided... Let me know what ya'll think and what I can improve on. This stuff is going into a 2000 extended cab s-10.. 6 DC level 2 12's (wall) 2 Audioque 2200d's 250 mechman rhino series alternator 0 guage wire 2 Kinetik 2400's As far as the highs.. It is basically going to have the same as my blazer does. The audioque amps should hopefully put around 700 watts a sub with the right eletrical... How does this sound guys??? YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em 4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall) 4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall) 4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door) Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp) Orion 800.4 amp Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator 0 guage everywhere Kinetik 2000 for bass Kinetik 800 for highs Memphis Digital Processor 147.1 db @60 hertz
Mac58 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 Well since your going to go big or go home.. why not 4 15 lvl 4xl's? Just a suggestion. Current build: Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD Soundstream EQ RF Components (5 1/4, 6 1/2, 6x9 x 2) Two Fi-BTL 15's One RF T1500-1bd Amplifier T400-4bd XS Power 608 XS Power D1200 Optima Yellow top 34 Soon to come: Another RF T1500-1bd HO Alt 1-6 more XS power 680 Team D.M.V
rmzsuzuki89 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 That seems like a lot of power for those subs imo. Is all the gear listed set in stone? If your'e set on those amps, maybe go with some LVL 3's. My Feedback Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/103868-official-rmzsuzuki89-feedback-thread/page__pid__1441542#entry1441542
DNASTY01 Posted November 13, 2009 Author Report Posted November 13, 2009 I really like how 12's sound and I wanna find subs that will work well with the Audioque 2200d's. The reason for the 2200d's is because those are the amps i'm about to put in my blazer and I was just going to put those in the s-10.. YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em 4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall) 4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall) 4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door) Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp) Orion 800.4 amp Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator 0 guage everywhere Kinetik 2000 for bass Kinetik 800 for highs Memphis Digital Processor 147.1 db @60 hertz
rmzsuzuki89 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 I really like how 12's sound and I wanna find subs that will work well with the Audioque 2200d's. The reason for the 2200d's is because those are the amps i'm about to put in my blazer and I was just going to put those in the s-10.. O I see. Then maybe go with 4 Lvl 4's, 15"s or 18"s. A bigger sub wont sound different, just more potential for output. My Feedback Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/103868-official-rmzsuzuki89-feedback-thread/page__pid__1441542#entry1441542
DNASTY01 Posted November 13, 2009 Author Report Posted November 13, 2009 With the right electrical.. How many watts can the audioque 2200d's push out... I was also thinking that the 2200d's would push out a little more than the level 2's can handle and maybe putting level 3's in it. That's why im still up in the air with the subs but I know I want DC no matter what YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em 4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall) 4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall) 4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door) Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp) Orion 800.4 amp Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator 0 guage everywhere Kinetik 2000 for bass Kinetik 800 for highs Memphis Digital Processor 147.1 db @60 hertz
rmzsuzuki89 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 With the right electrical.. How many watts can the audioque 2200d's push out... I was also thinking that the 2200d's would push out a little more than the level 2's can handle and maybe putting level 3's in it. That's why im still up in the air with the subs but I know I want DC no matter what I'm not too sure what they put out exactly as I've never worked with them. But I am pretty sure they're underrated. So with a good electrical, maybe 2500 +/-. Are you 100% set on a 6 12"s setup? With 4 15"s or 18"s you'll have more cone area. That is depending on how much room you have too though. My Feedback Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/103868-official-rmzsuzuki89-feedback-thread/page__pid__1441542#entry1441542
Turbo-24 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 good switch to make thats a lot of power for those lvl 2's but ya never know. im runnin two lvl 3's on the same amp at .5 ohm. you should be fine if you take it easy on them at first
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.