Happy b-day mang i could prolly design a box for ya just give me the specs.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Btw diggin the sig poem and theme song.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Thanks bro. I was looking for some opinions on that enclosure. Its just a rough sketchup but I would like to see if it would be a good idea to do four sx 10's in my ranger in an upward firing enclosure like that. I can go on ebay and get 3 sx 10's for about what I would pay for one btl 12. I thought about going that way for more cone area and there is just something about multiple woofers.

Yeah that song is how I got my name on here and xbox live and the poem I liked and had found for my uncle after his passing away. The reason for that poem was because he was a big model railroader.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Thanks bro. I was looking for some opinions on that enclosure. Its just a rough sketchup but I would like to see if it would be a good idea to do four sx 10's in my ranger in an upward firing enclosure like that. I can go on ebay and get 3 sx 10's for about what I would pay for one btl 12. I thought about going that way for more cone area and there is just something about multiple woofers.

Yeah that song is how I got my name on here and xbox live and the poem I liked and had found for my uncle after his passing away. The reason for that poem was because he was a big model railroader.

To me that overall design looks good but maybe you could make the port have the opening inside the box at the bottom and then bring it up and forward and have the port open up right above the middle console and keep the subs up then everything would be more symmetrical and balanced ill throw together something real quick to show exactly what i mean. But ya 4 10's over 1 12 def has lot more are and multiple woofers is always good imho.

I was going to go with 2 btl 12's. Im working to locate the port in a good area. I just want it to sound good and hit hard and want space for my amp rack. The reason I did the port on the end was because I would build a rack to go from the edge of the port down to the end of the enclosure.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

How wide is the area your putting your box? And how tall?

If I go with that type of design where I dont need to put the amps over the box. I can go 48" wide 26" tall and 17" deep.

It would be great to get a box design for my birthday. Would make things better. Just heard my cousin is in the hospital and I havent heard why yet. My uncle just came out of the hospital after a heart transplant. What a birthday.

Wow man sorry to hear that about your cousin and uncle, I hope everything goes ok. If it makes you feel any better on my bday back in November my brand new Samsung impression got stolen. Here is the design I was thinking, if you can link me a page that has the T/S parameters of those 10's i can give you a design. If you went with a box like this you could make amp racks and have them vertical on either end of the box.

HBTBOX.jpg

Archived