SlowVRT Posted November 15, 2009 Report Posted November 15, 2009 Well I have an Kenwood KVT-911 I ripped out of my VW because it's a race car and race cars don't need radios. Anyway, I am about to put it in my daily, which is a ford exploder. Now I was wondering if I can remove the screen and mold it in the dash. If this is possible, my plan was to mold the touch screen in the dash and then build a custom center console and also mold the rest of the headunit in the center console so it looks like there is only buttons and a CD slot in my center console. Also, I apologize if this is a retarded question. Thanks Volkswagen isn't my hobby, It's my addiction.
SlowVRT Posted November 21, 2009 Author Report Posted November 21, 2009 bump Volkswagen isn't my hobby, It's my addiction.
abervintageman42 Posted November 21, 2009 Report Posted November 21, 2009 anything is possible with the time money and patience, i have seen things similar to what you have planned done before and it looks sick
Neel Posted November 22, 2009 Report Posted November 22, 2009 Yes! of course its possible, but generally speaking .. if you have to ask..you shouldn't be doing it. I would start by taking the deck apart and seeing what ribbons or cables hook up to the screen itself from the main board. Then see if you can figure out a way to extend the wires / ribbons to where you want the screen / deck to be. Then just remove the screen from the track and just do some basic fabrication to mold the screen into the dash like meade just did in his tahoe. Its no big deal, I would imagine the hardest part of all of this would be extending the cables for the monitor. Just be patient! Too Much Stuff to list .
SlowVRT Posted November 26, 2009 Author Report Posted November 26, 2009 Thanks Volkswagen isn't my hobby, It's my addiction.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.