Big Lo Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 Ok, I designed a ported box on SketchUp with the help of ExpoSport's calculator, and since it's my first one, I need to know what should be modified, I want opinions, suggestions. Box will be used inside house so there's no space restrictions. Subwoofer is an Empire 15" that I have laying around that I got for cheap since dude that I got it from was broke, I'll be getting better subs on the future, but now money is low and I heard the sub before and it ain't too bad, I'll modify the box on the future when I get a better one. I wont be putting anymore than a 1000W on the sub, since the shit will probably blow on that power Will be playing music, and I'll probably use it for movies and video games.
Big Lo Posted November 17, 2009 Author Report Posted November 17, 2009 PS Thats the box without the top piece
Torres Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 first thing i noticed right away is the port height and width need to be switched. port height needs to be 3" so that end correction adds 1.5" instead of 8.25" of port length. here is what i get: everthing looks good imo. lots of port area, but not necessarily a bad thing. looks ok otherwise. what kind of music do you primarily listen to? if i changed anything...i might go lower on the port area. and if you build the box...shift the sub to the left as close to the port mouth as you can to keep it as far away from the port opening inside the box as you can
Big Lo Posted November 18, 2009 Author Report Posted November 18, 2009 first thing i noticed right away is the port height and width need to be switched. port height needs to be 3" so that end correction adds 1.5" instead of 8.25" of port length. here is what i get: everthing looks good imo. lots of port area, but not necessarily a bad thing. looks ok otherwise. what kind of music do you primarily listen to? if i changed anything...i might go lower on the port area. and if you build the box...shift the sub to the left as close to the port mouth as you can to keep it as far away from the port opening inside the box as you can What's up Expo, yeah I listen to rap with lows mainly, How do you suggest I lower port area and keep it on the low low's? I thought maybe changing the height from 3 to 2.5 but I'm not sure, Or should I tune higher? Whatever is best man. I appreciate all the time you take to help me homie
Big Lo Posted November 19, 2009 Author Report Posted November 19, 2009 What's up Expo, yeah I listen to rap with lows mainly,How do you suggest I lower port area and keep it on the low low's? I thought maybe changing the height from 3 to 2.5 but I'm not sure, Or should I tune higher? Whatever is best man. I appreciate all the time you take to help me homie I think I'll be looking at 30Hz. and also .20 displacement is a guess since I have no idea what the displacement for that shit sub is
white4d96 Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 EDIT: wrong page FAIL Too many projects, too little time...
cthedinger Posted November 30, 2009 Report Posted November 30, 2009 i have heard some empire 12s and they can get down as far as the box they were in was a pre fab ported box they sell them at the flea market down off MLK so if you cant find the specs on them and ask them if you can look at one of the manuals If you have any questions PM me or Add me on Facebook CLICK ME! Shop at ct-sounds.com Subscribe to us on YouTube
Big Lo Posted December 4, 2009 Author Report Posted December 4, 2009 i have heard some empire 12s and they can get down as far as the box they were in was a pre fab ported boxthey sell them at the flea market down off MLK so if you cant find the specs on them and ask them if you can look at one of the manuals ExpoSport got me on this build he helped me finish the design, and yeah the Empires are shit, soon as I get a job I'll get me something decent.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.