GetLikeMe's 4 SA-12's / 3500D Build

It would just be worth trying before you sell the subs and then can't and wish that you did. I can agree with a single 15 getting louder than 4 12's especially when you don't have the space for the 12's to begin with.

I'm about a db louder with 1 15" Nightshade over a pair of 15" Nightshades in my car. I still use the 2 15's for daily and swap boxes for shows to the single much smaller and louder 1 15 box.

If it were me I would just do it to know. It will help you learn about your car as well and should help you know what will work best down the road with other setups other than this one. It will be beneficial no matter how you look at it, to test it I mean with the amp just laying on the seat but the box flipped.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

It would just be worth trying before you sell the subs and then can't and wish that you did. I can agree with a single 15 getting louder than 4 12's especially when you don't have the space for the 12's to begin with.

I'm about a db louder with 1 15" Nightshade over a pair of 15" Nightshades in my car. I still use the 2 15's for daily and swap boxes for shows to the single much smaller and louder 1 15 box.

If it were me I would just do it to know. It will help you learn about your car as well and should help you know what will work best down the road with other setups other than this one. It will be beneficial no matter how you look at it, to test it I mean with the amp just laying on the seat but the box flipped.

Ya might try it. Well see how this weekend goes:) I plan to run 2 12" sundown Zv2s sealed firing into cabin later when they come out:) but for now gon run single 15"

Team Bass-Hz

Archived