well im thinkin of puttin a mac mini in my monte carlo the same on as steve and i would like some ideas on how to move my ac vent and my hvac controlls to another location i know imma be the first to do it in a monte so all ideas would be helpful heres some pics

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

Why don't you leave the factory locations and just put the screen in the center concole, and maybe hide the mini side the dash, so is subtle and clean. That way you can still listen to the radio while fabrication is being done.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Why don't you leave the factory locations and just put the screen in the center concole, and maybe hide the mini side the dash, so is subtle and clean. That way you can still listen to the radio while fabrication is being done.

that would be a good idea but if you seen steves it just look so flawless and i already have a touch screen jensen but i want that look he had

yeah I hear you, the only problem I see is the heater ducts inside the dash are fixed and hard plastic. I mean you could move them but you'd have to make a single center duct, and cut and glue the inner ducts. I'd move them to the top where the controls are. Then move the controls to the center console, and mols the screen into the center after you cut the bracing and make new bracing.

You could use the existing ducting and remold the vent in the center at the top. That would be the best option in my view to keep the center vent.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

It looks like you could move the ducts down to the lowest part of the opening and have the screen at the top. You'll have to abandon the gagues but who cares! It seems that would be the easiest, with that being said it doesn't look super easy! Keep in mind too whatever glue or adhesive used on the ducts will have to be high temp so you don't hotbox a buch of glue fumes in the winter.....I mean unless :drinks: thats your thing!

Starting From Scratch!!

Where are you thinking of locating the controls? There is nothing stopping you from making any layout you want if you have enough time and patience.

As for moving the controls, like any mobile electronics install, the first thing you need to know is where you plan to locate your physical components. This is so you know how long make your wires.

Those AC harnesses don't come with a lot of extra wire, so you will likely need to extend it. Simply cut the harnesses and solder wire for wire on them to your new AC control location.

The vents can be re-constructed relatively with good ol' fashioned Dremel, cardboard, and duct tape patience. If you relocate them up high, it will clear that middle space out and stilll look semi-factory. Have you sketched out what look you intend to acheive?

yeah I hear you, the only problem I see is the heater ducts inside the dash are fixed and hard plastic. I mean you could move them but you'd have to make a single center duct, and cut and glue the inner ducts. I'd move them to the top where the controls are. Then move the controls to the center console, and mols the screen into the center after you cut the bracing and make new bracing.

You could use the existing ducting and remold the vent in the center at the top. That would be the best option in my view to keep the center vent.

im thinkin about cuting the vent up makin a new peice that will move it from the middle to the top and the screen in the open space on the bottom and i mite still and

i havent drew it up yet i spent like 30 mins just lookin at an empty space i had an cool idea of puttin my ac control on the headliner like they have in the surburbans that would be out the way of everything and still not in the way of my rear view mirror imma draw in up in like an couple of mins so i can see exactly what it will look like

just dont use those vents? block them off, your other vents will then push harder and you could put your moniter in there. i was gonna mount my computer in my dash but it was too much so i went and cut my center console up and glassed it ill post some pictures when i get home of what i have done.

well heres an idea of what it will look like thank god for carboard lol dont know what size screen imma throw in probally as big as i can get in without havin it look like an non factory job

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg