Back in July I got into a little fender bender and had to replace my drivers side fender. Since then I've been rolling around with a primered fender. The fender really started to bug the shit out of me because I'm OCD about stuff like that. Well today I slipped a guy at the auto body shop at our college 25 bucks and he sprayed the fender for me. The fender looks good but now I'm back to square one because the fender sticks out with the brand new paint, from the truck with its 12 year old paint.

I'm just wondering whats the best thing to do to help restore the old faded paint to help match the new fender? Everything I find on the iternet involves touch up paint and I don't have the money for that.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

If you would have gotten the paint job done at an actual shop, they would have blended the surrounding panels. This makes the color contrast less noticable.

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD HEMI - LOADED

Stereo:  STOCK

Emergency Equipment:  Morotola - Federal Signal - Feniex - Gamber Johnson

Performance:  MOPAR Performance - Diablo

911 Calltaker / Diaptcher, Volunteer Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Fire Fighter, Fire Policeman, Emergency Equipment Installer / Repairman

if you have the equipment(a professional grade buffer not the walmart ones) i would suggest using a fine cut cleaner, then swirl remover, then a glaze and a wax, all of this can be done by hand to blend the paint better but there really is no way to get it perfect without painting the other panels as well

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

Find someone who does car detailing professionally, and slip him 50 bucks to buff your whole truck. It's well worth it because that thing will pop like it just rolled off the line. Make sure he doesn't buff the fender that you just had painted either! (Could be bad since paint hasn't had time to fully cure)

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT